Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #1

Dometic toilet yellow light won't go off

The yellow light on my 8700 Masterflush toilet came on so I dumped the tank. The light still stayed on after adding water, and flushing many times. Is there a problem with the system or is there a way to reset it?
tigrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
My experience the yellow lamp is that it typically takes 1-2 hours before it goes out after I dump/rinse.

I talked to a Dometic Technical Service Rep last month and he was surprised the lamp was even in use on my coach as it . It was his understanding Newmar didn't utilize the lamp feature.

2016 Dutch Star 4018
Capt. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #3

Ours was on much longer than a few hours but is off now.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
YC1

Welcome to the forum. The in tank flushers are often mounted far from the area the sensors are mounted. Mine were on opposite sides. I used a flexible hose type flusher to run inside but that was not easy an quite messy. I installed a second flush head near the sensors. It took a bit of work because of the water bay panel being so large. Using a quick disconnect it is easy to switch between the two.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #5

We experienced this again and after dumping the black tank the yellow light came on (wasn't on before dumping). It didn't go out all day and didn't go out until we had a power outage. When power was restored the light was out. Maybe a call to Domestic is the next move.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
dms

I found the yellow light to be a real annoyance on our previous coach as it had a mind of it's own even after flushing the tank, rendering the toilet inoperable. I solved the problem with a little re-engineering. I spoke to one of the Dometic engineers and here's what he suggested.

The "brain" of the toilet is a small black controller box, usually located under the bathroom cabinet. The yellow wire is the sensor lead coming from the tank. When the sensor detects "full", the yellow wire is shorted to ground, causing the light to illuminate. I cut the yellow aire and installed an on-off switch. Whenever the light would stay on after flushing the tank, I could turn the switch off and trick the system until the sensor reset itself.

After flushing I would add a cup of pine-sol to cleanse the sensors and keep them unobstructed. Just remember to turn the switch back on after the light resets.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
YC1

Try a cup of dish washing soap. The inside of the tanks do not get cleaned well with the tank sprayer. That is why I installed one close to the sensors. I run the sprayer while dumping and let it go for 30 seconds after closing the valves.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
After you dump, all you need to do is go into the control panel and push the buttons that show your black and grey tank capacity. This will turn off the yellow light on toilet panel. (We had forgotten that tidbit the first time and couldn't figure out why the light stayed on....then we re-read our notes from factory CPU ☺)

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
After you dump, all you need to do is go into the control panel and push the buttons that show your black and grey tank capacity. This will turn off the yellow light on toilet panel. (We had forgotten that tidbit the first time and couldn't figure out why the light stayed on....then we re-read our notes from factory CPU ☺)
Thank you Bill and Laura! I will do that next time the light comes on.

Tags
dometic, light, toilet