Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #15

Thanks Algoma for the link to the previous thread. Once I get to Va. I am going to try several of the suggested fixes. I have some temp fixes installed to see what may help. In remote area in Pa without any hardware stores nearby.

Thanks to everyone again for the great suggestions.
17 F150 Platinum 4x4
Jgmabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #16

Just wanted to let everyone know the chatter was the door opener arms vibrating and hitting the top of the door. I put some electrical tape, about 5 layers where the post on the arm would land on the door and it took care of the loud chatter sound. I will install a more permanent fix now I know where it was from.

I found a new rattle when shutting the door and found it was coming from the door awning box. I went inside and ran the awning out just a bit and then back in again and it tightened up and that rattle is now gone. The automatic setting must not be pulling it in tight enough. Will make sure to keep it tight in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for your great ideas and fixes.
17 F150 Platinum 4x4
Jgmabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgmabry View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know the chatter was the door opener arms vibrating and hitting the top of the door. I put some electrical tape, about 5 layers where the post on the arm would land on the door and it took care of the loud chatter sound. I will install a more permanent fix now I know where it was from.

I found a new rattle when shutting the door and found it was coming from the door awning box. I went inside and ran the awning out just a bit and then back in again and it tightened up and that rattle is now gone. The automatic setting must not be pulling it in tight enough. Will make sure to keep it tight in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for your great ideas and fixes.

Thanks for the update!
We replaced our "door stay" arm last year. I noticed a piece of Velcro attached to the top of the door and thought "that's odd". Now I know why it is there.
dc3carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #18
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
In summary.....if you have door noise, there are at least three things you should check. The door arm which sounds like many have had issues with. The door bolt, which was the noise my door was making and the door awning. I had to adjust mine to get it to close completely and not rattle. I also make sure the MCD windshield screen and shade are down the exact same length so that the thick apart of the shades where the rod goes through, are together. This fills the guide slot so they don't rattle.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, noise