Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Driver side window blocks drivers view

Here's a different kind of problem to consider; I have a 2006 Dutch Star with the Hehr electric drivers side window. Everything works just fine BUT the horizontal center bar which serves as the window receiver when going up is exactly at my eye level. No seat adjustment helps. No matter how I occupy the drivers seat that bar blocks my view. After 3 years I come to you o' sages of the Newmar world. Has anybody out there experienced this problem? Is there any option of replacing this window unit with a later model that splits vertically?? I've tried getting taller but that didn't work. Had the seat re-built and that helped for a little while but now I am literally back where I started. Not the most serious problem ever posed to the forum but it certainly is a problem for this old short fat guy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts folks. Always great ideas on this site for which I am thankful!!

beech35p is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
WI noticed the same on our passenger side, so annoying, I wonder why they can't come up with a vertical like homes used to have. All I ever see is a black line when looking out. Not so serious tho because I'm not driving! there must be good reason, but there are a lot of little things with RVs that makes you wonder "what we're they thinking?!!" Im considering a two inch seat pillow!

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #3

Why couldn't you put some kind of spacer block under the pedestal to raise the seat 3 or 4 inches???
Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
WI noticed the same on our passenger side, so annoying, I wonder why they can't come up with a vertical like homes used to have. All I ever see is a black line when looking out. Not so serious tho because I'm not driving! there must be good reason, but there are a lot of little things with RVs that makes you wonder "what we're they thinking?!!" Im considering a two inch seat pillow!
Even quite a few "big things". I'm getting more convinced every day that the manufacturers are letting engineers design our RVs who have never been in an RV or even spent one night in one.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #5

Raise the seat? Why not just get rid of the visual obstruction... almost a deal-breaker for me. Obnoxious oversight.

Look at Entegra's windows... the view is wide open.
99phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:44 AM   #6

Same problem on our 2000 MADP.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I did raise the seat with steel spacers when I had the seat rebuilt. About all I could go was 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch without creating new issues with the steering wheel, gauge line of sight etc. The only true solution is to remove the obstacle which means changing the window. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the opening is a standard dimension that will accept a later model window (Perhaps a used unit??) Thanks to all for their thoughts!! I tried to call HEHR but so far I haven't gotten to the person who has the answer. I'll try again next week to see if I can speak to an Eagle instead of a Duck!

beech35p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, window