RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 104
DS New Tank Level System

Like many I had ongoing problem with tank levels drifting all over the place and saying 100% full when I just emptied.

Just picked up coach from Midway after a few issues where address. Newmar sent them a completely different level system, which is not used on 2020. Uses same screen but control board and I don't know what else was changed. I have not been out in coach to see how it works, but at least Newmar has a hopefully good solution.

Regards,
__________________

__________________
Larry & Marilyn Gawne
2018 DSDP 4369 on a Spartan followed closely by 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
"your not here for long time, your here for a good time"
lagawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Dutch Star David's Avatar


 
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagawne View Post
Like many I had ongoing problem with tank levels drifting all over the place and saying 100% full when I just emptied.

Just picked up coach from Midway after a few issues where address. Newmar sent them a completely different level system, which is not used on 2020. Uses same screen but control board and I don't know what else was changed. I have not been out in coach to see how it works, but at least Newmar has a hopefully good solution.

Regards,
Good to know. Keep us updated. Emptied black 2 days ago-read 10% after adding Campers Friend. Thought I had hit the jackpot. A few minutes later (with nothing added to tank) read 60%.
__________________

__________________
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369, Spartan K2 Chassis,
Cummins ISL 450HP, Allison 3000

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,426
Blog Entries: 4
You said "not used" in 2020. Do you have details on what they sent you? I am scheduled to have the 2020 system installed to fix my issues.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Winepress's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,330
After installing automated dump valves Iím able to watch the tank levels as the tanks are emptying. When I dump black or grey the indicator will go all the way to zero, then jump back up to 60 or 70%. Then as the tank refills it will find the correct level until I dump again. So I think the tank firmware needs a reference point. When the tank is empty the sensors see 60% because the remaining 40% doesnít reflect back the same. Then as the tank starts to fill the program finds a new reference point that being 20% reflects differently than the remaining 80%.
I hope the new update will correct this and that we can get the new update at a rally in the future.
__________________
2018 Dutch Star 4369
Everything was working fine, until it wasn't.
Winepress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,426
Blog Entries: 4
I can confirm the same findings as winepress is reporting. I do not have this problem with seelevel, but only the KIB system.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lake McClure, CA
Posts: 840
Newmar installed a new program in mine last month. Same screen different look. Fresh and black seem to be working but the gray shows empty when I have used 30 and 40% of fresh water. Then seems to catch up and be correct. I like that the screen goes black, no Newmar sign all night.
__________________
2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis
2016 Jeep Cherokee, 1952 Willys CJ3A
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 104
My error, fat fingers. It is the system they are installing on 2020.

Again, sorry
__________________

__________________
Larry & Marilyn Gawne
2018 DSDP 4369 on a Spartan followed closely by 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
"your not here for long time, your here for a good time"
lagawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
True level tank monitor system gklehner RV Systems & Appliances 0 06-26-2017 03:04 PM
Installed a See Level holding tank sensor system LJowdy Newmar Owner's Forum 32 02-03-2017 06:56 AM
tank monitoring level system inop deckmaster50 MH-General Discussions & Problems 4 10-08-2009 11:09 AM
Non Contact Tank Level System Ken and Paulette Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 13 11-19-2005 05:25 AM
Non contact Tank level sensing system Clay L Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 17 03-08-2005 04:26 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×