Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Exclamation DSDP Bedroom Slide Issues - Need some Pictures

What I need is for someone with the DSDP 4320 to take pictures of the side of the slide with it pulled in and to also verify that there is at least 1/2" inch of skirt at the bottom of the wardrobe that can be trimmed off. I'm pretty certain there is room for the trim simply because of the roller placement but double checking can't hurt. So, I am most interested in a picture of the corner rollers, particularly the one closes to the bedroom door.

If you can do that just send me a PM and I will send you back my email for attaching pictures to.

The rest of the story...

A little over a month ago we picked up our coach after having the entire floor replaced. That included converting the bedroom floor from carpet to tile. Unfortunately the installer made a mistake and did not realize they raised the bedroom floor 1/2". This has caused one minor problem and one major problem.

The minor problem is that the bracket holding the bed side rollers will need to be raised on the inside of the bed frame by 1/2" inch which will fix that problem. Given the longer distance from the wall to the foot of the bed that 1/2" isn't causing any problems other than a slight gap in the weather seal at the bottom of that wall. That is the good news.

The "major" problem is the wardrobe side. The addition of the 1/2" to the floor plus the use of a 3/16" thick scuff guard appears to have broken at least one of the corner rollers. The center roller seems fine for now.

The fix will be either of 3 options. The first is to replace the 2" rollers with 1" rollers and trim off 1/2" from the bottom of the dresser. That is our first choice that allows us to keep our vinyl floor without tearing it out and installing it 1/2" lower.

The second option it to tear out the floor and replace it with carpet. That is not what we want because we have 2 German Shedders and the tile floor makes for easy cleaning.

lowering the floor is the third option but introduces some issues we would rather avoid.

BTW...the reason I am not taking my own pictures is this is that I don't want to use the slide until I have to bring it in for the trip back to the installer. The less I move it, the better chance I don't do any more damage. The pictures I might get will also make sure I know EXACTLY how they should look when mounted.

Also...The installer has a very good reputation and we have had them do a lot of work in the past with excellent results. This was a brain fart on their part and they have taken full responsibility to get it right. They are even paying my fuel costs to go back for the corrections. I am not prepared to bash them at this point. I'd rather not say who yet only because I want them to have a fair chance to make it right. Stuff happens and how they fix this mistake will determine how I review their services in the future.

Thanks in advance.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This thread may or may not help you but will give you a view of how the bed frame rollers are mounted and how he adjusted for the rise of his new floor.
Thread is in QT's # 3 interior redo's section.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
THANKS!

The pictures helped verify my bed slide issue. Still looking for someone with a similar wardrobe slide to help me double check what I THINK I know.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #4

We have a 4338 so I don't know if it's similar to yours or not, but I took a pic for you.
The distance from the bottom of the cabinet to the tile with the slide in is 3/4"
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
We have a 4338 so I don't know if it's similar to yours or not, but I took a pic for you.
The distance from the bottom of the cabinet to the tile with the slide in is 3/4"...
TYVM! If you get a chance can you take a picture of the roller and mounting bracket from the side? I am also trying to verify how they mount that corner rollers.

At first I thought they might do something a bit funky by mounting the bracket at a 45* angle towards the wall but according to Newmar that is not the case and should be straight up and down. So, that appears to mean my bracket that looks like a 45* angle is busted. SIGH!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #6

I'll see what I can do when I get back over to the storage lot not sure how to get a side shot .... as a recall, taking out the drawer before, the inside had a 'floor" between the drawer and the roller so it wasn't easily accessible.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'll see what I can do when I get back over to the storage lot not sure how to get a side shot .... as a recall, taking out the drawer before, the inside had a 'floor" between the drawer and the roller so it wasn't easily accessible.
OH...I think I see something I didn't before. It looks like your slide has a wall next to each end. That would make taking a side picture tough. I appreciate your help. See your 3/4" floor clearance was important too.

TANX!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Small mirror on propped against the sidewall, and take a picture at the right angle to see the roller might be enough.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide