Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
DSDP Freightliner chassis exploded view

Does anyone have an exploded view of the rear radiator area including the ac condenser? I have been on freightliner and cant find it anywhere. 2013 vintage.
Winetime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I don't have what you been looking for, but I have been fighting an A/C leak at the condenser connections. Just repaired it myself yesterday after Freightliner was unable to repair it on two previous attempts. Hopefully, I have it resolved. There are two sets of O-rings at those connections.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #3

Freightliner

Freightliner provides only the compressor. Newmar provides all the other components to the dash air. I found this out when the compressor shelled out and broke the fan belt. It sent trash throughout the system. Freightliner paid for all of it since their component caused the problem. Newmar may have what you are looking for. Good luck and be safe.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the info, I am speaking at rear of coach by fan and radiator. I could not see a thing looking from underneath. Can you direct me more or draw a diagram? This blows it right out and they say do the condenser which is a big job.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #5

What exactly are trying to do or fix?
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #6

The A/C condenser is in the rear? My Spartan is in the front where the ambient air is colder.
What's wrong? No cold air? Is the compressor spinning (not just the clutch, but the compressor)? How did someone diagnose a condenser is needed? Leak test?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:52 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
The dash air is not working, there is no pressure in the system and when adding rr134 it escapes from the lower left area of the radiator. The service shops want to do a condenser, but I am trying to see the parts diagram to see if it might be something else. It is a 2013 unit so I’m not so sure the condenser is bad. It’s a big leak, comes out as fast as I put it in.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This will show the different components and who provides them:

Evans Versus Chassis Supplied Heater A/C Parts (PDF) http://www.evanstempcon.com/pdf/warrantySchematics.pdf
More info here:
http://www.evanstempcon.com/troubleshooting.php
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There was a thread on the radiator cooling for AC upfront and it was a good size leak.
Will try a Newmar search. ====== THE ANSWER

Someone had a picture of the break in radiator of the AC PART OF SIDE RADIATOR still looking.

HERE is the answer by DS Don about the leak in Evans radiator section of side radiator, still have no picture. I think Wagonmaster 2 had the problem and the picture is in his thread.
That's interesting I was in the Wagonmaster thread but no picture of radiator.

In the EVANS LINK provided in QT's #3 the Evans training link has all AC chassis capacities required.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winetime1 View Post
The dash air is not working, there is no pressure in the system and when adding rr134 it escapes from the lower left area of the radiator. The service shops want to do a condenser, but I am trying to see the parts diagram to see if it might be something else. It is a 2013 unit so I’m not so sure the condenser is bad. It’s a big leak, comes out as fast as I put it in.
If the leak is big, it should be very easy to find. You can put some florescent dye in the freon, and it should show up very easy with a black light where exactly the leak is.

Any auto parts store has what you need.

The diagram is nice to have, but all of the systems pretty much have the same components. Find someone who has A/C experience to work on it with you. You will need gauges to put the freon in anyway.

If it's that obvious, the original shop probably has it identified. Don't put any "leak stop" crap in the freon. Won't help the situation and just put gum in it.

If you can turn wrenches, after diagnosing the problem, you can put in the replacement part (condenser?) and just have a qualified A/C technician evacuate and recharge it. Parts replacement is the bigger part of the bill, the freon cost the second largest. The labor to recharge is not bad. If the leak is that bad (broken fitting on the line?) then the system might have to be cleaned of debris which gets more involved as it will have to be flushed which requires more special tools / experience.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Found it!

Thanks to dutch Star Don, I found the problem. When my fan drive box failed it somehow smashed the inside of my condensor. Don, thanks for the guidance to check the hoses, o rings etc. time to go to freightliner!

Tags
chassis, freightliner