Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #1

DSDP stolen

My 1997 DSDP was stolen on 9/11 from a fenced-in, locked area. Video shows two guys arriving in a car with stolen plates. The yard was locked with a combination padlock.

I'm insured with a good company, but I'm not sure how they will value the vehicle up here in AK. There aren't a lot of Class A's here since the market is saturated with Class C former rentals.

Any advice?
la2jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 01:33 AM   #2

That sucks, sorry. Get a police report and inform your insurance. All you can do...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:35 AM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Post some pictures on here for all of us to keep an eye out for it. Lots of junior detectives on IRV2.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #4
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Steve View Post
Post some pictures on here for all of us to keep an eye out for it. Lots of junior detectives on IRV2.

You ever watch Breaking Bad? It's probably a meth lab in the middle of the desert somewhere by now.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #5

just like cars there is a book value they use, Edmunds, KBB. are some. the class C's in the area should have nothing to do with the value of your DP.. it's like saying there are a lot of mini vans for sale here I hope it does not effect the sale price of my SUV.
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check your insurance paper work. I'm with Progressive and they list the insure value in the paper work.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Steve View Post
You took the words from out of my keyboard!
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #8

After you file the police and insurance paperwork keep an eye on eBay and Craig's list. Pass any suspicious posts on to the authorities with a list of the serial numbers of your equipment if you have them. Good luck.
JEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Insurance companies usually wait 30 days from a date of loss (or date of discovery of loss) before beginning the settlement process. This is just in case the stolen vehicle is recovered during that time.

You will most definitely need a police report.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #10

This is why I recommend installing, make sure it's hidden, a Spot Trace.

Wire it so it always get 12V even if the master disconnect is opened. It draws such little power it won't run your coach batteries down. If anyone moves the coach you'll be alerted plus you get an update every 5 minutes.

This way you can give the police the exact location of the coach to the police which makes it very easy for them to find it.

BTW, this unit does not use any cell phone services, it's totally satellite based.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #11

Hope everything works out for you, Sorry to hear the bad news.
Can't stand thieves!
Windsport57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #12

Is there a lot of MC being stole nowadays? Sounds ... Unprofitable....
Captned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpower View Post
just like cars there is a book value they use, Edmunds, KBB. are some. the class C's in the area should have nothing to do with the value of your DP.. it's like saying there are a lot of mini vans for sale here I hope it does not effect the sale price of my SUV.
There are few Class A's from which to establish comparative values because of the proliferation of Class C's. And because of that, the Class A prices are higher, no matter what KBB or Edmunds thinks. Book value does not really apply for many items in Alaska.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #14