Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #1

Dutch Star 4369 with corner fireplace

We are looking to purchase a used- newer Dutch Star 4369 with the front corner fireplace and tv. It seems almost impossible to find. Is it not a popular floor plan? We see a lot with the two recliners.
matthew6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Like this? We bought this coach at the Pomona CA, RV Show in Oct. It's a 4369 2016 4369. Recliner on the drivers side and an "L" couch on the passenger side.

Don't know why this software rotated the photo but if you turn your head to the right it shows the corner fireplace with the TV in the raised position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009 (Medium).JPG
Views:	191
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	146378  
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
Like this? We bought this coach at the Pomona CA, RV Show in Oct. It's a 4369 2016 4369. Recliner on the drivers side and an "L" couch on the passenger side.

Don't know why this software rotated the photo but if you turn your head to the right it shows the corner fireplace with the TV in the raised position.
Yes exactly like that. It's on option that needs to be ordered on the 4369, I just don't see many out there.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Not how I'd use limited space

I think it is probably not a popular option. Most of us use our rigs mostly in warm weather and wouldn't choose to give up limited space to a fireplace we'd almost never use. And, these are all electric rigs. I believe it's just a heater with a display that looks like a fire.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #5

In regard to the function. Yes, it's a fake fireplace however when you don't want the Oasis heater going, it provides just enough heat to warm up the front section of the coach and, the glow from the fireplace does add some ambiance to the coach.

It's primarily the reason my wife fell in love with the Dutch Star we purchased. 2 coaches ago (2003) when we bought our first Diesel Pusher, it was a Rexall Roseair and it had the fireplace. When we upgraded in 2010 to a Winnebago Tour, no fireplace and now, with the 2016 DSDP 4369 she's happy again.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #6

The corner FP was our favorite also and we didn't find one. We ended up having Newmar remove the passenger side love seat and install a FP under the televator TV.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #7

I really enjoy the fireplace we have now and my next coach will definitely have one. It helps with heating the coach but also just creates a nice ambiance. To me it feels more homey.

I'm also considering an American Coach or an Entegra which it seems the floor plan we seek is readily available.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:01 AM   #8

Has anyone done an aftermarket mod for the fireplace?
If so, curious to what challenges you ran into and approximate costs.

We really like Newmar, but finding a floor plan with the features we want is challenging (no, we will not build custom unless we hit the lottery).
One of the pluses and minuses with Newmar is the frequency with which they change floor plan offerings from each model year. There are a few current and late model layouts that might fit the bill for us.

At the end of the day, getting the right one, the way you want it makes it a no brainer to build if you can.
Finding an existing one that is a candidate for mods a little more challenging...
Thanks.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Has anyone done an aftermarket mod for the fireplace?
If so, curious to what challenges you ran into and approximate costs.

We really like Newmar, but finding a floor plan with the features we want is challenging (no, we will not build custom unless we hit the lottery).
One of the pluses and minuses with Newmar is the frequency with which they change floor plan offerings from each model year. There are a few current and late model layouts that might fit the bill for us.

At the end of the day, getting the right one, the way you want it makes it a no brainer to build if you can.
Finding an existing one that is a candidate for mods a little more challenging...
Thanks.
I added a fireplace to my camper but all I did was purchase an electric fireplace in an already built mantle. Cost was about $250.00. I ran all the electrical myself and secured the fireplace myself. I also moved the tv from above the driver to the fireplace. Right now it just sits on top of the fireplace and when I hit the road I just set it on the floor between the fire place and the wall. I'm in a 2005 Dutchmen Super C currently.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #10

We had a fireplace in our '16 Entegra and used it a lot on cool mornings. We really wanted one in the Newmar but the floorplan we liked didn't allow it. I thought I would miss it, but the 3-zone heated floors more than make up for it. The Entegra's heated floors took 20 hours to generate heat so other than the one test we did to confirm Entegra's claim (they were correct), we never turned on the floor heat. Newmar's heated floors are also much quieter than a fireplace fan.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
We had a fireplace in our '16 Entegra and used it a lot on cool mornings. We really wanted one in the Newmar but the floorplan we liked didn't allow it. I thought I would miss it, but the 3-zone heated floors more than make up for it. The Entegra's heated floors took 20 hours to generate heat so other than the one test we did to confirm Entegra's claim (they were correct), we never turned on the floor heat. Newmar's heated floors are also much quieter than a fireplace fan.

20 hours, my goodness why so long?
Old 12-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Doing one change to get the fireplace won't cost as much as you may think. However, if it involves deleting furniture then it's advised to keep the furniture and sell it on your own. You will get little credit for taking out furniture. We found that out when we didn't want the bedroom television. We sold it on our own.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #13

We opted for the fireplace because it gives a very wide walkway to kitchen and half bath with the slides in. More than double. Makes the sofa usable with slides in. Lot more Leg room when stopped or driving. We also like the heat on cool mornings or rainy days. The sofa is moved back to the wall with tv moved to the fireplace.
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew6279 View Post
20 hours, my goodness why so long?
Entegra uses the hydronic/glycol closed loop system for their floor heat, which has to overcome floor insulation, subfloor and tile before any radiated heat is felt in the floor. The lines are also mounted a few inches below the subfloor, rather than being flush up against the subfloor.

The heated floor is nice, but there are times when I miss having a fireplace and wish there had been room for it in our floor plan.

Tags
ace, dutch star, fire, replace