Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
When I spoke with customer service, they said they’re sure their engineers could come up with a piston option. It’s only a matter of demand, which at this point seems to be non existent.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Took a video, during the day.

https://youtu.be/Iv8fJ550jTg

Pretty sure a good wind gust would close that cover on you.
Dangerous....!!

Just watched the video again.
Before someone says "Push it all the way in", It doesn't go all the way in.

Bill
Link doesn't work for me.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #31

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Link doesn't work for me.
It worked earlier today, but now it says, "video unavailable" and no more information. Perhaps it was viewed too many times?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
I took it down. After being criticized for having a new coach and not being “clever enough” to carry a flashlight I’ve pretty much had it. I try to be helpful and contribute to this forum and all people want to do is pick at you. They have no respect for others and are downright rude. No thanks.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #33

Quote:
I took it down. After being criticized for having a new coach and not being “clever enough” to carry a flashlight I’ve pretty much had it. I try to be helpful and contribute to this forum and all people want to do is pick at you. They have no respect for others and are downright rude. No thanks.
Could just be the Full Moon. After a good nights sleep and a Snickers they will all be nice again.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry that you took the video down. You didn't mention in the first post that the hatch is very heavy, which came out in the video. I meant no insult or wished to belittle you, I didn't see anything other than you wanted to open the compartment in the dark and you couldn't open it and turn on the light to see the support rod. Your video clearly added more information. If the installed light is adequate to illuminate the rod and socket, you might add a mercury switch or push button switch that would turn on the light when the hatch was raised.

I'd suggest you open the hatch and measure the force/weight of the door and include that information and the video in your next contact with Newmar. In my elderly RV, the front hatch is supported by torsion bars like many car hoods and trunks, but it doesn't weigh anything near what yours does.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #35

To those to whom it applies...let's be quicker to offer a SINCERE apology when we're FAST to be cricital, knowing less than the full facts at the moment. Many of us aren't as "gifted" as some, truly...and a quick put-
down does no good, helpful to no one. "Do as to others as..." is
universally known to be much appreciated, and applicable to this forum.
No intent to be critical, but helpful. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #36

Quote:
OK Rick, Stuart, and Bill. My generator slides out AFTER you open the hood and put that rod into a tiny hole that looks like it will fall and take your head off During the DAY. I only used a nightine scenario as an even worse scenario. Do we need a video?

Thank you so much for understanding Larry.

Let me say it again. When I speak with customer service, they say that haven’t heard of this issue! How can we expect any upgrades? Well, we don’t and won’t unless we, as a group, let them know.
Unfortunately, when I have called Customer Service, I often get the "We haven't heard about that problem before!" response as well, even if I know for a fact that others have brought it to their attention. Either the person answering the phone honestly never heard of it, which means the "complaints" are going into the circular file as soon as they are received, or the flowchart the CS rep is looking at in his/her cubicle has in block one, "response to anything negative from customer", Say "WE'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT PROBLEM BEFORE!"

Also, keep in mind that you are not a "COMPLAINER", your are an uncompensated member of Newmar's "Quality Control and Product Improvement Department"!

What any company does with suggestions for improvement is probably out of the customers hands, but as you stated originally, if people don't let them know, they won't improve!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Bill,

Someone like you should arrange a meeting with Newmar and I would love to attend, in person, as well as any other Newmar owners that want to join and discuss with them our perceived shortcomings, present ideas such as the Innovative Thoughts thread and hopefully make an impact to help get Newmar up to current times with their coaches. I can't even open my generator access without crawling under and releasing the latch as the T-Handle doesn't work properly, something is out of alignment. Headlights for example are not up to current time with the auto industry. Newmar is working in a cave/vacuum and is really behind and maybe a meeting of the minds with current customers can help them hear what is lacking and what needs attention.

I recently saw a Facebook post from Newmar of two of their employees at a Florida boat show getting ideas for future Newmars. They need to read the innovative thoughts thread and invite owners (not sales people/dealers) to come up and spend a few days together. It's probably too late for '19's but maybe we could see change in the 2020 models. So whomever wants to setup a meeting/conference of owners to provide suggestions for future models to modernize and improve I'm all for it.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, dutch star