Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #1

Dutch Star panel warning light

I have a panel warning light that comes on, stopped at a Freightliner chasis dealer. By that time lights all went off. Of, course as soon as I left lights went back on and now go on and off. Anyone have this kind of problem?????
yamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #2

Which light is it? My warning lights tell me what the warning is for.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Year, make and model please?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #4

I had a "T" symbol warning light prior to pulling out of a campground. I did not have a clue! While waiting for Freightliner to come on the line... a neighbor informed me the antenna was up! I thanked him, lowered the antenna.... and the mysterious "T" symbol went out!
Luckly for me, I had a good neighbor, and Freightliner never answered the phone.
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Send a message via Yahoo to cbramsey
It might be helpful if you were able to capture a picture of your warning light while it is illuminated. That would be useful in several ways. First, you could show the helpful folks at the Freightliner shop so you can prove you aren't crazy.

Second, if you were to share that photo here, one of the Brain Trust here can help decipher what is going on (or not going on).
2015 Ford F450 Platinum DRW , 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 Charleston Me, Wife, "Canines" Lucy [Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix] & Fawn [Chihuahua] and “Felines” Pixel & Pollux [Manx], Iris, Pepper & Max [DSH], Mystique [DLH]
cbramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
The Freightliner manual that came with your coach shows all warning/caution lights with a description of there meaning. Good idea to familiarize yourself, as some of the lights and icons are not particularly intuitive. Going down the road is a bad time to wonder what an illuminated warning/caution light means.
RWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"dhlairbus".....On a trip last year, I had that "T" show up on the dash. We pulled over and I pulled the Freightliner Manual out and it did not show that light. I kept looking at it and it sure looked like an antenna. I too had called Freightliner and was waiting for call, that never came. Finally, it dawned on me it....I went outside and the Winegard antenna was up.

For those that haven't had this happen, the power button for the antenna is right where the seatbelt snap hangs on the wall. It doesn't take much to accidentally push the antenna button when the passenger is putting on or taking off their seatbelt.

I made a plastic "L" shaped flap that I velcroed over the top edge of the antenna controller that blocks the power button from being pushed.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, panel, light

« No heat | HWH Jacks »