Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #1

Unhappy Dutch Star slide out problem

I cannot retract any one of our 3 slide outs on our 2004 coach. I installed new fuses and the coach is level. When I press button to retract it gives me the typical voice message with a 5 second delay. Then I hear what sounds like a momentary power to the 12V motor and then nothing.
What am I missing. Is there a relay or something some where that would affect all 3 slides??
goldcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Silly list of questions, but is the engine running? Or at least the ignition switch in the on position while connected to shore power?

Usually a low voltage situation will prevent slide motor operation to protect the system.
I = P/V

So the power that is requested at low voltage would pull a much larger amount of amps. Therefore a controller shuts down to prevent the damage that would occur at low voltage operation.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #3

If you want to diagnose further, exchange controllers. One of my slides does that in cold/wet conditions. The other controller works and thereafter the original one works again also.???? (until the next cold/wet occasion)

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 09-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

You were spot on with the low voltage info and I thank you very much.
goldcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
Always if you can have a good 12 volts for operating your slide systems.
Shore line plugged in or Gen running so converter can put out the good 12v.
Below in my signature you will find links in QT's 1 & 2 will have all your slide info and your jack system plus a lot more.Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I recently blew the kitchen slide controller( another story). Tech took the controller from the bedroom and we got the kitchen slide closed, until I can get a new controller. Straight forward plug and play.

Tags
dutch star, slide, slide out