Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #29

Eating burritos

What about the chips and salsa?
2017 Prevost Marathon #1250
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk w/AF1 and Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow System
Orinda, CA
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #30
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridany View Post
What about the chips and salsa?
Great for a mid-afternoon snack, Sheridan, but for breakfast...meh! The up side is that with the salsa container in the cup holder and the bag of chips between your knees, you can keep one hand on the wheel while eating. Of course, with CD you really don't really need to keep one hand on the wheel.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
This will sound ridiculous to some but I most likely would not consider a motorhome with carpeted slides after having all tile. So easy to sweep and use a wet swiffer as needed. Had carpet before and it was a pain to keep clean, especially below the fridge, dishwasher, sink etc.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:34 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
This will sound ridiculous to some but I most likely would not consider a motorhome with carpeted slides after having all tile. So easy to sweep and use a wet swiffer as needed. Had carpet before and it was a pain to keep clean, especially below the fridge, dishwasher, sink etc.
Not at all...this was a big improvement for me. I hated the carpet in my 2013. It was the only thing that showed wear over the 5 years we had it.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
Totally agree with you! Of course, we have 4 kids. The tile under the table is amazing.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Actually the Entegra 44B has excellent access to the largest half bath on the market with slides in. We owned four Entegras before our new New Aire. We find the Newmar has very good insulation but it is not as good as Entegra. Ride and drive is comparable and Comfort Drive is more gimmick than feature imho. Our Anthems and Cornerstones rode and drove as good as anything on the road. Both great coaches, if you want to personalize it with custom changes get a Newmar, bank for the buck with few options get an Entegra. One disturbing trend since the Thor Industries acquisition of Entegra. They formally traded on the used market at a 6-8% premium to NADA value and now are down to a 5-7% DISCOUNT to book vale. Adds up to a lot of difference on a three year old coach and definitely a factor to consider. Will this continue, nobody knows but it is fact at present. Biggest factor however is to find the floor plan that fits your family and go for it, both great coaches with no bad choices. All JMHO
Ann n Gene, Wondering if you would expand on the sales price to NADA value? I have previously read comments that the NADA values are pure formula and not based on actual sales data. Whether that is true or not I don,t know but either way I would like to have a better understanding of actual data. I am aware of the ppl motor homes sold list that has prices but it is a small sample of the bigger industry.

I am trying to decide on a new tiffin or Newmar vs either one 2 to 3 years old. sorry about changing the topic but I saw that it evolved into a Mexican food discussion anyway!
Dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Actually the Entegra 44B has excellent access to the largest half bath on the market with slides in. We owned four Entegras before our new New Aire. We find the Newmar has very good insulation but it is not as good as Entegra. Ride and drive is comparable and Comfort Drive is more gimmick than feature imho. Our Anthems and Cornerstones rode and drove as good as anything on the road. Both great coaches, if you want to personalize it with custom changes get a Newmar, bank for the buck with few options get an Entegra. One disturbing trend since the Thor Industries acquisition of Entegra. They formally traded on the used market at a 6-8% premium to NADA value and now are down to a 5-7% DISCOUNT to book vale. Adds up to a lot of difference on a three year old coach and definitely a factor to consider. Will this continue, nobody knows but it is fact at present. Biggest factor however is to find the floor plan that fits your family and go for it, both great coaches with no bad choices. All JMHO
I disagree with e statement about the comfort drive being a gimmick. I have driven many and owned w/o and now with CD. I'm sold! I am nowhere as tired after a long day behind the wheel. Trucks, busses and the wind don't move my '08 Newmar KSDP, around like the others I have driven. My $0.02!
32sunsation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #36

Isn’t the Anthem 45ft. bigger than a Dutch Star 43ft.?
univmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32sunsation View Post
I disagree with e statement about the comfort drive being a gimmick. I have driven many and owned w/o and now with CD. I'm sold! I am nowhere as tired after a long day behind the wheel. Trucks, busses and the wind don't move my '08 Newmar KSDP, around like the others I have driven. My $0.02!

Knew I would stir up a hornets nest with that one[emoji2]. I like mine fine, what I should have said is it does nothing that my Travel Supreme and 4 Entegras did not do. They all drove great with no wind movement and none from other traffic. Have driven many times in 20-40 mph crosswinds with no problems or pulling. All great coaches and great to drive and not tiring after a full day behind the wheel. Don’t get me wrong, it is a great system also and I love it but I just think it is what I expect from a luxury coach. Again JMHO and I do respect your disagreement and understand where you are coming from.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by univmd View Post

Yes less than 2 feet
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #39

Sure a good thing we have different opinions on motor homes, otherwise there would only be one manufacturer with one floor plan

Then it be all about the Mexican food
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:15 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Sure a good thing we have different opinions on motor homes, otherwise there would only be one manufacturer with one floor plan

Then it be all about the Mexican food
You mean Tex-Mex right?
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by univmd View Post
Some Anthems are 45’ and some are 43’. Depends on the model.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Some Anthems are 45’ and some are 43’. Depends on the model.
Hi Don,

It's even more confusing since my 2018 Anthem 42DEQ is actually 43'1" long. When asked while making reservations, I usually respond 42'. It's worked out OK, so far.

My previous coach, a 2009 Monaco Diplomat 41SKQ was actually 42'7" long.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. The slide operation controls are not in my mid-bathroom. Other models may vary.

Tags
anthem, dutch star