Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #1

Dutchstar hammock.

I bought my DS off a dealer lot and it came with a hammock. He orders them all with this option. Does anyone actually use this thing, or is it just a silly gimmick?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCSONRAIL View Post
I bought my DS off a dealer lot and it came with a hammock. He orders them all with this option. Does anyone actually use this thing, or is it just a silly gimmick?
i have two of them...and love them.....

one for each of my kids, when they are with us.....so no fighting...

one for me and DW, so again, no fighting...

put them on an angle, so the entire hammock is under the awning....and you have easier access to the storage bays...

only drawback is that they take up a good bit of space under the awnings....but, they are very comfortable.....

i thought, after ordering them on my coach, that i would not order them again, if i ordered another coach...but i have changed my mind, and now would do it....

also, when setting up and taking down the frame, be careful...there are several pinch points that can get you.....don't ask me how i know.....so take it slow, and watch your fingers.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I guess to each their own…..I can honestly say I've NEVER seen someone set up a hammock in their campsite, unless they were tent camping and they were sleeping in it. To me it's just a gimmick and Newmar wasted a lot of time and energy promoting it.

They also put in a narrower slide out tray in the pass thru bay to fit the hammock. I would rather have the wider tray.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
For your reading pleasure: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/the-hammock-408120.html
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote