Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCPilot View Post
I will be coming in on Sunday as well! I won't be in the campground this year with my RV though. It will be parked right behind the Powrachute tent by the Red Ultralight Barn vendors. I will be working that booth again this year. Being I am in a sling with my right arm and not able to ride my bike from the campground to the display tent, this arrangement was worked out for me to be able to be there.

It certainly IS a big show! Enjoy your stay everyone!

I am simply amazed at how many RV people will be there. Wow.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #16

We’re here too. Been going every few years since '92. Always special to me because it was the destination of my cross country solo as a student pilot (from Pal-Waukee before it was Chicago Exec.). Now I fly a MADP fulltime.
Attached Files

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #17

I have a video I tried to upload but it didn't work so I will give you the pic I took instead. This gives you a small idea the amount of RVs and campers that are at Air Venture. This was taken last year and this pic would represent maybe 5% of the total of RVs on site!
(I don't know how to fix the pic..it uploaded sideways!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6599.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	211584  
Old 07-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #18

Here is a video shot from the front bumper of my EarthRoamer arriving at AirVenture Camp Scholler. You can get a sense of the size of the encampment as I drive to my camping spot.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
It's a great time, a bicycle comes in handy for getting around. If it looks like rain try to park close to a real road. Comes in handy when they have to pull you out.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #20

This is the first year in decades that my boys and I won't be at AirVenture. My wife took ill last October and has not been doing well, so trips are out this year. Watching the videos is really giving me withdrawal symptoms. I don't know why we go back every year, since it's the same thing each year, but then, it isn't. We always have a great time, even when the weather doesn't always cooperate. I like to volunteer at the Type Club Building with the Short Wing Piper Club. You meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world. I'm really, really going to miss it.
Dan
Old 07-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #21

MADP?

Sorry, I've been scratching my head on this one...

Thanks!
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:13 AM   #22

We are in Marion, IL now and should be in Camp Scholler tonight. Been going since 1975. Hope it's not too wet.

We have tent camped under the wing, stayed in hotels and rented houses in the past but the last 5 years we have taken the 5th wheel, makes for great stay.
JSM180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
MADP?

Sorry, I've been scratching my head on this one...

Thanks!
MADP= Mountain Aire Diesel Pusher
Old 07-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietWater View Post
This is the first year in decades that my boys and I won't be at AirVenture. My wife took ill last October and has not been doing well, so trips are out this year. Watching the videos is really giving me withdrawal symptoms. I don't know why we go back every year, since it's the same thing each year, but then, it isn't. We always have a great time, even when the weather doesn't always cooperate. I like to volunteer at the Type Club Building with the Short Wing Piper Club. You meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world. I'm really, really going to miss it.
Dan
Dan,

Staying away from something you love to do isn't easy. I just wanted to give you kudos for staying with the one you love in here time of need. Sorry to hear about the health issue but it encourages me to see strong families even in the face of these issues. Our prayer is that whatever battle your wife and family are going through....that God will see you all through to good health once again.

I am going to Air Venture to work a vendor tent. This year that is all I will likely do while still needing to recuperate this shoulder. In the past week I have had many people slap my shoulder after noticing the sling my arm is in. I am tempted to add metal spikes to my shirt to discourage that!

Kevin
Old 07-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #25

SloshKosh 2.0

Quite a mess out in Camp Scholler. Made it in OK but fair number of RV's getting stuck.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #26

New Aire web camera active in Camp Scholler. Good position facing air show line.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Statistics shared at tonight’s group dinner. Last year there were 25,600 RV’s here and 27,000 aircraft. Amazing!!
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Statistics shared at tonight’s group dinner. Last year there were 25,600 RV’s here and 27,000 aircraft. Amazing!!
Field of dreams.

Tags
air, vent