Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #15

We're considering the EEZ TPMS system for our new Ventana 4369, which we'll be picking up in a few months. We're looking for recommendations on whether or not to put flow through monitors on the coach. Also, will they fit the valve stems without modification? Thanks!
PandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
EEZ is offering Newmar Owners a free Repeater with a 10 or more sensor system if purchased directly from their website.

Right now the EEZ TPMS with 10 sensors is $429 & with12 sensors is $499 & the repeater is free.

Below is the communication sent to me by EEZ...

For several years we have had an outstanding relationship with the Tiffin Owners Group Forum and over that period we have extended a special to them. For the Tiffin Owners Group, we offer a free Repeater/Booster ($50 value) with the order of a 10 sensor or larger system placed directly on our website.

EEZRV Products have decided to set up that same offer for the Newmar Owners Group Forum. Bear in mind though that this coupon code can only be posted on the Newmar Owners Group site as it is specific to them. If we find it is being posted on or promoted on other sites or forums we will have to discontinue the offer.

If the Newmar owners order a 10 sensor or larger system and Repeater on our website at http://eezrvproduct.com/t/tire-pressure-and-temperature-monitoring-systems-tpms-3 and add the coupon code "newmar special free repeater" the system will discount the Repeater cost back off the order.

By posting the coupon code here did you not violate the site restriction in the announcement?
ageishecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageishecker View Post
By posting the coupon code here did you not violate the site restriction in the announcement?
No & I even had a phone conversation with Janet THE HEAD ADMIN of IRV2 Website who works directly for the owner of this site, on this particular thread. I have her approval as she knows I have no no affiliation with EEZ & I'm only sharing a savings with fellow Newmar owners.

Janet did tell me that they do monitor the site to weed out dealers & vendors that promote products & solicit business from the forum.

I called & bought a 12 sensor system for my coach, paid $499 & they offered me the booster at no charge. They told me they would extend this offer to the Newmar owners --- and BTW, it is the same offer they told me they offer to the Tiffin owners.

BTW, congrats on your new Phaeton.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Just ordered the 10 FT set and added the repeater, then applied the coupon at checkout, and the price came out as advertised: $429 plus shipping.
Thanks for the tip OP!!
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #19

How does this brand compare to TST, Tire Minder, Tire SafeGuard, etc.? Also will it show sitting tire pressure?

I let my old Tire Minder TPMS go with my Tiffin that I sold. I have a Ventana LE ordered and I will need something new for it.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
How does this brand compare to TST, Tire Minder, Tire SafeGuard, etc.? Also will it show sitting tire pressure?
I went around in circles as to which one to buy. It came down to the TST, Tire Minder & the EEZ. There are rumors that both the EEZ & the TST are made in the same overseas factory but who knows.

I went with the EEZ as the new updated model has a longer battery life & I liked the newer style antenna. Also, on Amazon it got higher reviews - for what that's worth. And with the sale price on their web page & a free booster, well at that point it came down to price.

I think they all are very good now a days & you can't go wrong with anyone of them. I think it just comes down to personal choice.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #21

So, are flow through on the coach, and the smaller locking caps (with or without the locks) on the toad the way to go? Does anyone know if the flow through units fit the valve stems on a Ventana without modification?
PandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #22

Heartland RV Club
We have a 2014 DS4369 and have had the EEZ on it since purchased new. We have not needed the repeater and have never had to replace a battery yet. We full time and are constantly moving
Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
So, are flow through on the coach, and the smaller locking caps (with or without the locks) on the toad the way to go? Does anyone know if the flow through units fit the valve stems on a Ventana without modification?
The video on their website recommends what you say - flow through are fine on the MH and and the smaller ones (with or without locks) are recommended for toads and trailers. The flow through ones stick farther out and they are concerned that on a sharp corner the toad/trailer tire will rub the curb and damage the valve. If you never rub a curb then you would be fine

They should fit any standard tire stem - nothing special on a Ventana that I know off.

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
I went with all 12 as standard sensor not flow through. All without locks.
EEZ gives you screw on caps that look the same as lock caps. You do not need to use the dummy cap if you don't want to.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #25

Dang, I just got a 10 sensor system in yesterday and had not seen this promotion. I wonder if they would honor it if I call them?
hogcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #26

Thanks for this thread! We have been thinking about this for awhile but haven't yet done it, this may be the kick in the butt that gets it done! Anyway, I have watched all the youtube videos and read some articles on the subject.
I had a question regarding the high and low pressure set point? Where do you come up with the high pressure set point? Also, had a weird discussion with Michelin CS, They said if we install this ourselves it voids the tire warranty. My feeling is those folks had zero idea of what they were talking about! I was really curious if there was a percentage psi over maximum, that would herald a failure or if 130 psi was the maximum?
Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #27

Thanks for the tip on this. I just ordered my 10 sensor unit today. I was on the fence as to which unit to buy, this made the decision.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFarm View Post
Thanks for the tip on this. I just ordered my 10 sensor unit today. I was on the fence as to which unit to buy, this made the decision.
How much is the shipping?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar