Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #85

I removed the simulators and I can install the sensors on the rear tires with no issue and reinstall the simulator afterwards. The front tire stem will need to be about an inch longer. The stem stops right even with the hole and is only about a half inch from the simulator. So the sensor will not fit. It may be able to be bent, but I don't want to chance it and break it or make it leak.

Do these stems just unscrew on/off and I could install a new one? If so then I would buy new stems for the front tires only. This would save me some time and money. Removing the simulators only takes a minute or two if I need to add air or something.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #86

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I may have to take advantage of the current offer...

I have some questions though.

Seems I can replace the batteries myself, no matter what sensor I get, flo-thru or cap. Am I correct?? Anything else?

I think I would be leaning toward the cap sensors versus the Flo-Thru.

If I need to put air in a tire with the cap sensors, wouldn't I simply unscrew the cap, air up and re-attach the cap sensor? Is there anything else?

Or - - What is the advantage of Flo-Thru sensors?

And last but not least - - I have a 40' motor gas motor home - - not too much between me and my toad (engine). For those with a similar gas motor home - would I need an extender? Seems there are many differing opinions...

Just as an FYI - I will be posting a similar post on the TST TPMS thread also.....

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers....they are appreciated, it's what iRV2 is all about.

g
Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Hi Indy,

I would recommend the booster, some claim you would not need one, but the booster will ensure good reception all the time. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #88

On my Canyon Star I do use the repeater as the inside right rear signal would drop out, periodically. I swapped sensors and the problem continued. Put in the repeater and it works perfectly. I installed the repeater in the mid coach bathroom right in the cabinet with the fuse panel. Very happy with the EEZ TPMS.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFarm View Post
On my Canyon Star I do use the repeater as the inside right rear signal would drop out, periodically. I swapped sensors and the problem continued. Put in the repeater and it works perfectly. I installed the repeater in the mid coach bathroom right in the cabinet with the fuse panel. Very happy with the EEZ TPMS.
I was thinking about using this same area. I have two empty spots. What size fuse did you use? Do you happen to have a picture of how you wired it up? I assume the positive will plug into the spare spot and the ground would be wired to the ground at the top.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 AM   #90

newmar special free repeater

Is the newmar special free repeater still active?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:51 AM   #91

The EEZ sensors are user friendly.....and yes, you can just unscrew a sensor to add air.....the flo-thru version doesn't need to be removed to add air
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #92

reubenray - That is exactly how I installed it. I used a 5 amp fuse (the smallest my "assortment pack" of fuses had in it). I may dress it up by re-routing the wires behind the wood panel, but as a test, I just installed some crimp on connector ends and plugged it in. It works fine.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #93

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426smartin View Post
Is the newmar special free repeater still active?
Yes it is.

You have to add the repeater to the order & it will take the cost of the repeater back off at the end
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFarm View Post
Thats a good idea on the location thanks.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #95

This spot would be the easiest for me to install. But will it be far enough back to reach the sensors on the toad?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
This spot would be the easiest for me to install. But will it be far enough back to reach the sensors on the toad?
For our small coach no problem, but that's a good question on yours.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #97

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn’t order the repeater to start with and I picked up the toad sensors just fine. I had the issue of the inside passenger dual dropping out after about on hour of travel. Never dropped out if the coach wasn’t moving. The repeater I got from Eez came with an inline fuse which looks like about 3 amp. I place my repeater in the back wardrobe closet and connected into the closet light. No more dropped sensors.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:44 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
I didn’t order the repeater to start with and I picked up the toad sensors just fine. I had the issue of the inside passenger dual dropping out after about on hour of travel. Never dropped out if the coach wasn’t moving. The repeater I got from Eez came with an inline fuse which looks like about 3 amp. I place my repeater in the back wardrobe closet and connected into the closet light. No more dropped sensors.
How did you wire it to the light?

Tags
newmar