Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #1

EEZTIRE T515/SP TPMS on Baystar

Does anyone have the EEZTIRE T515/SP TPMS installed on their Bay Star?

Based on how big the sensors are and how little space there is on the rear tire valve stems, it doesn't seem like they would fit. On the rear valve stem, the stems themselves stick through a rubber gasket and I can barely remove the valve stem cover with my fingers so I don't think a TPMS sensor will fit.

Anyone have any experience with this?
ghoticov is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post

Based on how big the sensors are and how little space there is on the rear tire valve stems, it doesn't seem like they would fit. On the rear valve stem, the stems themselves stick through a rubber gasket and I can barely remove the valve stem cover with my fingers so I don't think a TPMS sensor will fit.

I do not have those type, however I understand your issue. You may have to have some new valve stems install that conform to the needed clearance. A tire shop can do this and it is not really a big job. In most cases the wheels don't even have to be remove. They just deflate the tire, break the bead, shove the tire over and change them.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter
Old 01-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #3

I had those valve extenders on my inner rear tires and just removed them. I have the EEZTire T515 system and removed the outer cover on the sensors before putting my hand between the rear tires and screwing the sensor on the valve stem. When its time for new tires I will have the longer valve stems installed.
StvC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #4

I've been looking at that system for our BayStar. Customer service has been really great at responding. I'd contact them and get their input/suggestions.
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am thinking I just need to get the valve stems extended, just not sure when I can get that done. :(
Old 01-06-2017, 12:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am thinking I just need to get the valve stems extended, just not sure when I can get that done. :(
I had all tires installed with the extended valve stems. I got the ones the truckers use that have no caps. Les Schwab did it. Took 10 minutes and all I paid for were the stems. I thought in all total was $18.
Maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
I had all tires installed with the extended valve stems. I got the ones the truckers use that have no caps. Les Schwab did it. Took 10 minutes and all I paid for were the stems. I thought in all total was $18.
Oh really? wow. I have a Les Schwab right down the street from me so I think I will drive the MH over there and see what they say. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #8

[moderator edit]

Yes, I saw that on another thread....which is what caused me to start looking into it. Its a pretty good deal if you are looking for a TPMS set up IMO. I just need to get my valve stem issue resolved so I can use them.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the EEZ TPMS installed on my BayStar, and I had no trouble installing them, the rear inner tire valve stems are "short", I just had to use one hand to immobilize and the other to twist the stem.

I did experience difficulty trying to use the tiny Allen wrench for the locks. I did not use the locks on those two. I have the "Flow-Thru" TPSM gala tips. Hope this helps.
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, I saw that on another thread....which is what caused me to start looking into it. Its a pretty good deal if you are looking for a TPMS set up IMO. I just need to get my valve stem issue resolved so I can use them.
FYI: I'm going with the regular caps all around & no security covers.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #11

Here's the sending units installed on our 3103 Bay Star.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
grumpytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpytoo View Post

Same setup result on my unit.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #13

Quote:

I just installed the EEZRV T515 last week on my 2013 Baystar...I took off the anti-theft pieces and had no problem fitting them to the valve extensions....except that I have ordered new 135 degree extensions for my outer dual wheels as I had issues getting the sensors to read on the existing extensions...i think the threads were corroded making it difficult to screw them on fully. EEZRV suggested new extensions and recommended a source. While I'm waiting delivery I screwed the sensors directly to the valves (had to remove the wheel covers). They anti theft things would be a PITA to deal with on the motorhome but I did install them on the toad valves.

BTW...I did not use the flow through sensors, i figured the added size might be clumsy and the added valving problematic

Great system by the way.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpytoo View Post

That's perfect, that exactly how mine would look with the TPMS installed. Good to know I don't actually have to get valve extenders on them for them to work.