Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #15

SGB,

Although we have an office in Chattanooga and I've thought to drive it down there, the coach is currently parked in New Hampshire.

Sebastian
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #16

OK, I replaced the power screw for the foot rest today. I received the replacement part from Villa Furniture, and it was about 3" too long. I cut it down to fit.

I removed the seat from the pedestal, but could not remove the power screw. For the life of me I couldn't get the darn thing apart. I reconnected the power and moved the seat up and down, forward and back, and finally decided to romove the seat from the motor assembly. Geeeez, what a pain in the neck. Finally got it back together...took me more than 3 hours.

Not looking forward to that again...ever!!

Sebastian
Old 06-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
sgb

I agree about the "pain" part !
Before trying to remove the screw, did you extend the foot rest as far as it would go ; that was the only way I could remove the long screw.

SGB.
sgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #18

SGB,

Yes, I extended the foot rest as far as possible. My problem was that I had a lot of difficulty removing the short drive cable from the motor to the transmission....So I couldn't turn the power screw to disassembly. I had to loosen the foot rest motor (which was extremely difficult) in order to get the drive cable off. In order to get to that motor, I had to take the seat off the motor assembly platform....Just could not get my hands or tools into the area without removing the lower motor assembly. Even then, it was still pretty difficult to get the power screw out. Getting it back together was actually easier.

Overall, I thought Villa was very responsive with the part, and I was pleased they were able to supply it. I wish the replacement had been a bit easier, however. But, now the seat is working well and DW is happy....So I'm happy too.

Sebastian
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
sgb

Sebastian,

You did all that in 3 hrs ? Whow !
Mine was easy. Once I removed the screw holding the gear, I pulled the long screw to the left, and the flimsy shaft came out easily.
So I never had to go thru all that trouble you had.
I, like you, hope that this repair will last forever !
So long and happy trails, till the next trouble.

SGB.
sgb is offline   Reply With Quote