Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #1

Electrical question

I have a 2000 MADP. Have lost power to fuses (under driver dash cover) to the row of fuses F16 to 29. Though i have headlights, turning signals, and brake lights, the running lights (tail lights) are not working. Is there some resister somewhere that needs to be replaced?
Thanks for your help!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #2

I would look for a bad connection to that row.

Joel

J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:30 AM   #3

Found that the line to the board that feeds that bank of fuses only delivers 3.4 volts. Traced the line to the block on outside of firewall and still only 3.4 volts.
However, I have no idea where the line comes from. So, my plan is to disconnect it and feed a new line in to give it the right amount of voltage; just haven'tdecided if I should put a fuse into that line, and, if so, what size.
Suggestions?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 AM   #4

Trace original problem

I would look for the problem in the original feed because if it is lose or shorted to ground some where it could cause a fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crolfmilton View Post
Found that the line to the board that feeds that bank of fuses only delivers 3.4 volts. Traced the line to the block on outside of firewall and still only 3.4 volts.
However, I have no idea where the line comes from. So, my plan is to disconnect it and feed a new line in to give it the right amount of voltage; just haven'tdecided if I should put a fuse into that line, and, if so, what size.
Suggestions?
vfauto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:38 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hello, My suggestion is to call Newmar on Monday morning, tell them of your problem, and ask if they will email you a wiring schematic for the problem area to help in troubleshooting. I would do this before re-wiring first.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #6

Power starts at the House battery and usually goes to battery disconnect switch. The disconnect switch has multiple power feeds, one of which likely goes to a 30 amp breaker or in-line fuse and this in turn feeds your dash fuse box. The dash fuse box typically have both ignition switched positive feed and direct battery feed. Looks like you are dealing with a battery feed. Check all low voltage breaker connections and breakers if you have them. Also check all feeds off of the disconnect switch for a broken /loose connection.
Recommendation to call Newmar Monday morning is a great one. I have found them most helpful in sending information to you.

Good Luck!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #7

Thanks for advice; will keep you posted.
I did cut low voltage fed line and put in a 10 line to
Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #8

Oops. Didn't mean to hit send.
Did cut loose voltage line and capped it. Then ran a new 10 gage wire to the board from the post in box on generator side of firewall. Everything works now, except the two cigarette lighter plugs to right of heater/ac controls. They are still 3.4 volt.
Motoring west this morning and will try to figure that out, tonight.
Suggestions?
Again, many thanks for help!

Tags
electrical