RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Tom, when are you going to share your experiences of your new LADP? And compare it to your Essex? Would love to read your story when youíre ready to share after using the new ride for a bit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Tom, when are you going to share your experiences of your new LADP? And compare it to your Essex? Would love to read your story when youíre ready to share after using the new ride for a bit.
And Tom... How could we get you to tell us why the London Aire over the Mountain Aire? Maybe another thread? Or is it just the horsepower to horsepower switch?

BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #31

Neal and Bill
We are here at a Newmar Kountry Klub Rally in Indio Ca. and also the FMCA Western Area Rally also here in Indio. Had 45 coach at NKK Rally and did a seminar on traveling in your Newmar for NKK members and today at 12:45 doing another seminar for FMCA members. Will share our experiences from London Aire to Essex and then our newest 18 London Aire when we get to Quartzsite. Will be doing our 3rd seminar in 3 weeks on Jan. 19 at 10:30 at Newmar Gathering in Quartzsite. Love sharing all our positive travels and our small number of not so good positive ones the last 21 years and over 300K miles.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
I am glad Entegra is here to keep Newmar in the lead and not getting complacent. The London Aire which we just purchased came from the Cornerstone getting almost 40% of 600HP sales in 2014.
Entegra owners have a real issue with getting approval of warranty work. We here stories at Newmar and Entegra dealers were Newmar owners get approval in hours and Entegra owners wait up to 2 weeks or longer. Might need 2 year warrant on Entegra's because of the long wait time. Those of us who have been the motor home game for years knew when Thor came in it would be a negative change for Entegra.
I was a big fan of Entegra back in 2012. I was watching them evolve and the Quality improve. In 2014 we figured they had reached the level of quality we were comfortable with however we were wrong which is why we jumped ship after 3 months of ownership

We have enjoyed our London Aire as well as our Mountain Aire since and have never looked back. I still watch and work on friends Entegras and it has seemed the quality was improving. However I think the Thor buyout will sink the Entegra brand. Its kind of like Kia buying out Bentley and promising no changes to quality.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Its kind of like Kia buying out Bentley and promising no changes to quality.
I just bought a new Kia. Love it!

And, I'll put money on having less trouble with it over the next 10 yrs, than you will with your Newmar !!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I just bought a new Kia. Love it!

And, I'll put money on having less trouble with it over the next 10 yrs, than you will with your Newmar !!
I bet you are 100% correct
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #35

No Comparison between Kia and a Newmar motor home. For those of us who own and also work on them you wouldn't find us comparing a Kia to a London Aire. You drive your Kia and we will dirve our Newmar.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Interesting, looks like IRV2 Admin deleted one or two rude, unnecessary judgmental/dismissive posts from this thread.

Randy, Donald and Zoe (Rat Terrier)
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 K2/2016 Jeep Cherokee High Country
Desertboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #37

This is why I am hanging out in the forums a couple years before I pull the trigger on a purchase.

Many thanks
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
How do you like the MA vs the LA? Noticeable power difference between the 15L and the 12L?

Thanx....
I think dollar for dollar and pound for pound the LADP is one of the best buys around. At 600HP and significantly less wight than a King Aire (better power to weight ratio), you have a great rig for the money. Then spend a little extra and upgrade the inside (KA and Essex finishes) and also add some of the glass dash, and other Silver Leaf electronics after the fact. You will have something close to a King Aire for like 200K less.

My .02 since I did this and don't regret it for a minute.

G
Old 01-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeaz View Post
I think dollar for dollar and pound for pound the LADP is one of the best buys around. At 600HP and significantly less wight than a King Aire (better power to weight ratio), you have a great rig for the money. Then spend a little extra and upgrade the inside (KA and Essex finishes) and also add some of the glass dash, and other Silver Leaf electronics after the fact. You will have something close to a King Aire for like 200K less.

My .02 since I did this and don't regret it for a minute.

G
London Aire is beautiful! Congratulations! That'd be our next choice for sure.

Randy, Donald and Zoe (Rat Terrier)
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 K2/2016 Jeep Cherokee High Country
Desertboyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, newmar