Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #15

Same issue on my new Bay Star Sport. The door latch has two positions. In my case the dead bolt works on both. But the first position leaves the door loose which isn't a problem unless we are driving and then it rattles. The get the door to close fully with the second position of the latch, it requires slamming the door shut. Why this design with two latch positions?
aeroquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 10:36 PM   #16

Can't believe Newmar would install such a mechanism that can't be easily adjusted. Even my 2004 Meridian (probably about 2/3 the list price of the Dutchstars) has a striker bolt that can be very easily adjusted up/down/sidewise with only one wrench, or even a crescent wrench. I've had to do this several times over the years as the door settled some and the rubber seals seated in more.
I have always read how great the Newmar coaches are but as I read more and more on the Newmar Forum I begin to wonder about all the hype. I'm starting to wonder about the wisdom of my ordering one a few months ago but hasn't been delivered yet.

DS Don, your coach isn't old enough for the clear coat to be wearing thin, at least I hope not, but wondering how you can tell it's too thin already? I know that has been a problem on my 11 yr-old Itasca even after having the front/rear cap and roof curvature re-painted several years ago, and it needs it again now. It was free the first time even though the coach was almost 4 years out of warranty but understand it now runs about $1,500 when done at the factory. But it is really bad if you can tell it on a 1-year old coach. Has anyone had any luck getting Newmar to stand behind this problem even when out of the 1-yr coach warranty?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #17

Had the same issue with our unit. First the Dead bolt would not latch. The dealer removed part of the latch plate (plastic pocket) so it would work. Later I found the rubber seal on top of the door was not correct and was interfering with closing the door. The dealer fixed the trim but now the door rattles. Finally had them replace the handle assembly because my 7 year old had a hard time opening the door. Works better now. Now I have an issue that the door will lock when you close it. NOT impressed!

Tags
door