RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Entry light problem- 2015 London Aire

This is kind of a long shot but I have a problem with the entry lights have failed on our coach, when the door opens the step lights and 4 or 5 overhead entry lights come on. Now they stopped all together but every once in a while they come on at random. Last night they did not go off at all, this morning I turned off all power and shut down the house batteries and they went back off. I am several hours away from a Newmar dealer and the techs can only tell me at this point to get it to one. It also affected the switch to the main overhead lights which is on the console next to the passenger seat and nothing else, all others work. Has anyone else had this problem? Just checking to see. Thank you

Gbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
Can you pop the switch out of your console near passenger seat may just be a loose spade clip on switch.
Below in my signature you will find links to items in your Newmar.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #3

entry light problem

Thanks 007, have tried the switch, plus much else, best the techs can figure at this point is that there is a control module that times out the entry lights and it may be the source of the problem, will have to wait to get it in. Lot of info to read up on, this is our first Newmar, have had a lot of small issues continuing to plague us. We purchased a brand new Tiffin in 2014 (our first RV ever) and loved it but wanted to step up to a nicer one with more features we wanted so we traded it in on this London Aire. Love it, just wish we could shake the bugs out.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:07 PM   #4

I'm not a fan of the front overhead lights illuminating for 30 seconds or more after entering the coach. I see it as a possible security issue as it allows anyone near to observe exactly who and how many people are in the coach. I had mine disabled. The connection is behind the speedo instrument cluster.
I really don't see a need for it.

Peter
Old 10-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #5

Update on this issue, it is still not resolved, has spread to lighting and shade panels on left living area and bedroom with sporadic ability to use. Newmar has insisted I use a tech from a RV company to troubleshoot unfortunately their techs and KIB (the manufacture of the lighting controls were all in Colorado) so finding someone and not being near a Newmar service center makes this a big challenge. Two new moduales were sent to me and did not resolve the problem, we will be trying again today. I dont know if this happens very often, we traded in a brand new Tiffin on this and I am not very impressed right now, very frustrated though, if anyone else has this kind of issue the KIB control moduals are located behind the instrament cluster on the dash. The techs are the best so dont get me wrong there.

Tags
light