Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
Eplex System - What did you experience?

I have owned my 2007 Essex since 2007 and have had many problems with this system.

1. Outside temperature is usually around 120. So I stay inside all the time.

2. The temperature zones are not even closely related.

3. Zone 1 I have set for 70 to keep the actual inside temperature at 74.

4. Zone 2 is usually set for 76 to keep the same actual temperature as Zone 1.

5. Zone 4 is a real pain. At night I keep it at 70 so my actual temperature is at 72. But in the morning, I have to set it at 84 to keep the inside around 75. When the sun goes down, I have to drop the setting back to 70.

6. Readouts on the panel of what the system shows the inside zones are have no basis for reality.

7. Tank levels show no more then 65 gallons of FRESH water even though I have the switch set to constantly keep that tank full. Grey reads empty. Black reads full!

What have you experienced and have you done any workarounds?
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
I guess I am the only person that has had issues with the Newmar Eplex system.
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
I guess I am the only person that has had issues with the Newmar Eplex system.
I don't think you were the only one to experience issues similar. I had an '07 Essex, bought new, delivered Sept. 2006. Kept it 7 years and 85,000 miles, a great coach!

Now, the E-Plex actually worked pretty well. I don't think all your issues are necessarily E-Plex related.

* The temperature sensors are affected throughout the day by the suns heat on the body and roof. In the morning feel the wood trim where each sensor is mounted, even better measure it with a thermo-gun. Now feel or measure the same area at noon, then 3 in the afternoon. You will be surprised how the temperature variation that occurs.

* For the tank readings, the black and grey may be foreign matter adhering to the tank sides. Using soap, bags of ice, specific chemicals designed for that, or other methods of cleaning this up.

* The fresh water tank, and possibly the black and or grey may benefit from a reset on the E-Plex. To reboot the E-Plex, disconnect the house power entirely for about a minute.

The '07 Essex was probably the most popular Newmar Essex ever. The E-Plex had, in my opinion the nicest touch screen presentation whereas the replacement, SilverLeaf, had far more functions.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:53 PM   #4

I had a variety of eplex issues and have posted about them here. I have completely replaced my eplex with normal components and recommend that every one does the same... Or make plans to do so. Starting with the ac thermostat.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
I had a variety of eplex issues and have posted about them here. I have completely replaced my eplex with normal components and recommend that every one does the same... Or make plans to do so. Starting with the ac thermostat.

You have successfully up-converted into a 2005 Essex
Old 05-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #6

Like others I had issues with the AC. Removed it from system and put in normal stand alone thermostat. Works great you just have to be smart enough to know how many AC,s you can run with your available power. In Houston summers I still get by fine running just two units. Very seldom nerd the third b

Also removed the inverter from system and put in magnum panel. Solved those issues.

Use happy camper to keep tank sensors clean but like you they are not 100%correct. They are consistent so I know exactly where I stand.

Heat is your enemy so I removed the rear slotted wood panel behind front tv/ eplex system. This helped to cool unit.

These changes are easy to do and do not cost that much.

Good luck and enjoy the journey