RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #1

The 2008 Essex has a hydonic zone heating system. I was told it was an Oasis system and not an Aqua Hot and that the Oasis was a great system. Has anyone had a problem with the Oasis system?

Gene

2009 Essex (4502), 2005 Jeep
Gene & Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #2

The 2008 Essex has a hydonic zone heating system. I was told it was an Oasis system and not an Aqua Hot and that the Oasis was a great system. Has anyone had a problem with the Oasis system?

Gene

2009 Essex (4502), 2005 Jeep
Gene & Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #3

I have the HydraHot and it works well with no problems or issues to date. Bob, has the Oasis in his LADB. I think he has had issues. Hopefully he will chime in.

Peter
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Oasis has apparently won the contract for hydronic heating...I'm presently on my second entire unit and have had no issues with the second unit.
The first unit developed an electronic sensor issue,which I've been told has been addressed.

The tech support and service response from the manufacturer has been awesome...

I might also ask that,given you've already started a topic entitled "Options on an '08 Essex, that you please not start a separate topic for each option as it tends to run the front page longer and longer...
Separate topics for the major systems which tend to be in "all Newmars" would certainly be ok...
There are MANY Essex owners on the forum that'll certainly chime in...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Gene & Kaye to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Sorry I can not help you the ESSEX is out of my reach but as you can see plenty of willing help on this forum.
Would like to wish you and yours a good experience in your future ESSEX.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gene & Kaye:

Gene </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gene,
The Oasis System is a great upgrade compared to the Hydro-Hot. I'm not sure if the Essex has the same one as my 2008 MADP but, mine has engine pre-heat,hi and low electric settings,a muffler (very quiet), 8 gals. of hot water storage and has almost no smell. Can't help you with problems, I've had none but the coach is only 2 months old. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad
sjcaldal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #7

On a recent trip to the factory, I had service on the hydro hot in my Essex and I asked why Newmar changed to the Oasis system. I was told that many hydro hot users were complaining about the "smell" (especially when camping in close quarters at Rallys etc.)and Newmar feels the new system burns much cleaner and has very little "smell".
TaxedtoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #8

The street talk is that the Oasis system is even more efficient than Hydro/Aqua-Hot both in terms of fuel burn and completeness of burn (i.e. smell). In examining both products, the Oasis folks seem to have a better engineered approach/technology (rebelsbeach's experience aside) and even lower current draw with more reserve water capacity (less frequent on/off cycling) and quieter operation.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Happen to be at Newmar during the decision to switch. Bob was there too. Real reason is that Oasis, as a supplier, wanted the business more. Multiple Newmar folks confirmed.

Just review the posts on how Oasis flew a guy out to fix Bob's problems. That only happens if a supplier sees the big picture and want to invest in the relationship.

There may be some Oasis product advantages but, I'm sure HydroHot has their own spin on this.

Also, used to be able to get tech suport directly from HydroHot via email. The very week the announcement was made, I now get no response from HH. Have tried 3 times.

Anyway, I'm sure Newmar made a sound decision w/respect to cost, quality and features. I'm also sure Oasis got aggressive w/cost and service agreements.

However, let's not trash HH. Mine has over 600 hours in less than a year w/little maintenance. There is a bit of a different smell, say from the generator, but, not off putting in my humble opinion.

With two small children and a lot of cold weather camping, I'm just happy for the technology in general. By the way, the engine assist while traveling and electric option for HH is really cool. Not sure if Oasis has this or not.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With two small children and a lot of cold weather camping, I'm just happy for the technology in general. By the way, the engine assist while traveling and electric option for HH is really cool. Not sure if Oasis has this or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JavaJelly,
It has it and it is very cool,very quiet and the neighbor has to love it.
Thanks, Daryl

2008 MADP 4521
2006 Acura TL Toad
sjcaldal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #11

Certainly do not mean to trash the HH.
Oasis might be a slightly better mouse trap only as Oasis has its roots in marine applications and there tends to be a little better technology in the marine world. HH on the other hand has always played in the RV game and the RV industry tends to make far more allowances than the marine industry.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #12

Hummm, I wonder whether the Oasis system has a unit approved for Canadain CSA for import. The HH supplied a different heater made by Beckley for CSA units. It is actually a higher capacity than the Wabasco. You can also notice that the rear fill tank is over twice the size of the standard.

Peter
Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The Oasis web site has the CSA logo right on the first page.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #14

Be sure to chech exhaust extention. On my 08 MA it was blowing under the coach causing the co2 detector in the bedroom to alarm. Solution 6" straight extention.

aubie is offline   Reply With Quote