RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #15

If they were giving it away (Free) might consider it. Otherwise run, don't walk away from this one. Also if the insurance company paid off on it, it may have a slavage title too.

no3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by no3putt View Post
If they were giving it away (Free) might consider it. Otherwise run, don't walk away from this one. Also if the insurance company paid off on it, it may have a salvage title too.
Much as I hate to say it I think you're right! Too many things that the owner "doesn't know". If they didn't know enough to winterize in Canada then what else was "missed"?

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been unable to register on RVT to see the one you are talking about, but I doubt there would be two in a little place like FSJ. the ad I saw was on Kijiji (Canada's version of Craigslist) and I think he's had it listed for a while now. I found an ad from before, so this isn't the first listing. This is the ad I saw.
2005 spartan motorhome Demaged - Grande Prairie RV For Sale - Kijiji Grande Prairie Canada.
Don't think we will be getting this one. The guy was too dodgy, why list it as though its in Edmonton, through Grande Prairie, when it is in FSJ? Why not answer all the questions we put to him? So many red flags just from him!
MariannRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just checked the ad on RVTrader, although the price is a lot higher, and mileage is different, it appears to be the same vehicle.
MariannRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #19

You serious Clark? That things pretty much destroyed. No telling what you'd be into with the engine, wiring, cooling system besides having to replace the entire rear cap, damage to the sides and roof (from the looks of it). It's good for parting out and that's about it.

2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote