Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Expanded factory tour

DW and I were visiting the Newmar factory seeing our new 4326 DSDP being assembled and had the chance to go through the new expanded factory tour. The morning tour now takes you through chassis prep, paint, the new service center in addition to the assembly floor. Very impressive. i particularly enjoyed the chassis prep area. I was able to get a much better feel for the design of the foundation and the way it is attached to the chassis. You also see the subfloor and the tile floor installed on the foundation. It was wild watching them drive the chassis around that area with a crank for a steering wheel!!!! the new service center is also very impressive.

Kudos to Newmar for adding this to the tour. If you have the chance, it is well worth it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #2

I've been wanting to see the chassis section. We'll try to get by there when were up in the area. Thanks!
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyTom View Post
DW and I were visiting the Newmar factory seeing our new 4326 DSDP being assembled and had the chance to go through the new expanded factory tour. The morning tour now takes you through chassis prep, paint, the new service center in addition to the assembly floor. Very impressive. i particularly enjoyed the chassis prep area. I was able to get a much better feel for the design of the foundation and the way it is attached to the chassis. You also see the subfloor and the tile floor installed on the foundation. It was wild watching them drive the chassis around that area with a crank for a steering wheel!!!! the new service center is also very impressive.

Kudos to Newmar for adding this to the tour. If you have the chance, it is well worth it.
We were there and it was cool seeing you find
your coach on the line. I agree, the expanded tour is much better than the old "main production only" tour. My wife saw some sconces in one of the DSDP that we could get into at the end but now I'm kicking myself that i didn't note the unit number so I could look up part number of the sconce. Did yours have the same sconces in the living room?
Old 04-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Good to hear it's a great tour. We're signed-up for Sept. 5. I understand reservations are required for the expanded tour.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
KC
Not sure about the specifics on the sconces you were referring to. Our living room slide wasn’t in yet but here is the light fixture by the tv
Click image for larger version

Name:	1DA24A04-6016-4FC9-BFDE-FE4DB3AE737B.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	242724
Old 04-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #6

I have a tour appt on May 2nd - it'll be nice to see the improvements that were made since my coach came out of this factory.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:56 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Are these the sconces you're referring yo? I got to see my 4369 Thursday as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060429.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	242773  
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:29 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
SpartyTom,

Those sconces are very close. Is your coach a 2019 or 2020? Did you get a standard interior option? Maybe I can get a little closer by knowing more about your coach. (PM me if you don't want to have this open to the public.) It seems the sconces we saw had a solid piece in the center and decorative scrolls on the upper and lower glass. It was rectangular like yours. DW continues to want to "remodel" our interior...too many home decorator shows, I guess.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 04-21-2019, 07:32 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Johniar,

Thanks for the pictures. Those sconces are close, I think, to what we saw. Did you order any special interior options to get them? Thanks for the model number. It may help in the search for part number and vendor.

Ken
Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Nothing special on the order for ours. I'll be there tomorrow if you need a better picture I can try and get one.
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote