RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hi everyone. Just new to the group and looking forward to being a part of it. We recently sold our '99 Gas Mountainaire and in the next yr or so look to replace it with a diesel Mountainaire or Essex. What we will buy will be approx 4-5 yrs old. I would appreciate hearing opinions on extended warranty for powertrain protection which is valid in both Canada/USA.
Are there good programs that are worthwhile, hassle free and does it make sense? Thanks for your help.

Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi everyone. Just new to the group and looking forward to being a part of it. We recently sold our '99 Gas Mountainaire and in the next yr or so look to replace it with a diesel Mountainaire or Essex. What we will buy will be approx 4-5 yrs old. I would appreciate hearing opinions on extended warranty for powertrain protection which is valid in both Canada/USA.
Are there good programs that are worthwhile, hassle free and does it make sense? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Globetrotter, WELCOME to iRV2!

While I purchased an extended warranty with my new coach, I am not sure of it's validity in Canada, but will check into that tomorrow and report back.

I look forward to hearing more of your search for a "new to you" coach....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #4

I've never been a fan of extended warranties. I guess is some ways they make sense and offer some security. There are many vendors offering these and some may be good. There are many that are not. Check it out well and get referrences from people that have claimed and been happy. The extended warranty programs are not cheap. Best of luck.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely keep my eyes & ears open.
Hope most of you are somewhere warm as winter has arrived in Alberta & a # of other parts of Canada today. Saw a few rigs today laden with frozen slush and couldn't help but envision a big cleanup job once they got into warmer climates.

Have a great week!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #6

If you want some REALLY good coverage and service, call Agape 888-242-7380 Speak to Tracy. They have the best pricing I found...I had a 7 yr 100K mile warranty with $50 deductible on my old Excursion for about $2100....covered EVERYTHING, including electronics, seals and gaskets...Call them and get back to me about what you think!
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Keep in mind that the older a coach is the premium will be higher than a younger coach with the same coverage. Read the fine print. Not all is covered and the repair facility needs to be careful not to use any descriptive words that are in the "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" section of the contract. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 AM   #8

Welcome to IRV2 Globetrotter. As a new member , its very good to have you with us. Please feel free to drop into the Canadian Forum and say hello. We'd love to heard from you.

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:02 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Globetrotter:
Are there good programs that are worthwhile, hassle free and does it make sense? Thanks for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't use extended warranties but if one is going to take one make sure its an "exclusionary" policy i.e. one that must spell out what is excluded. This prevents surprises down the road. One warranty broker that gets good comments on the RVForum.net is Warranty Experts http://www.warrantyexperts.com/
As brokers they can pick and choose for your situation. I'd call rather than use Interent message and ask your questions.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone. I now have a good cross section of thoughts and leads to consider when the time gets closer.

Over & Out.

Globetrotter