Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
jimnkaran,

Who is the owner? What happened. I am thinking of getting a policy throught them.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzocfi View Post
jimnkaran,

Who is the owner? What happened. I am thinking of getting a policy throught them.
The owner is Steve Burgess, I bought a 2 year policy from him in March of last year on my Newmar Dutchstar. I made a down payment and then started making payments of 200 a month for to pay it off. I had no claims of any kind and sold the motorhome in November. I had all ready made the November payment and only had 2 more payments due. I called and canceled the policy on the 25th and Steve told me that a refund check would be sent to me in 30 days for the unused money paid. I kept waiting and could never get hold of anyone in the office after leaving several dozen messages. Finally got hold of Steve again this morning and he told me I would not get a refund. When I ask why he said because I still owed 2 more payments and now I would not get anything back and that if I said anything bad about him or his company he would sue me. He was very hateful and basically told me it was my fault for not making the other 2 payments after I cancelled. After our conversation this morning I went on the internet and found a lot of people that he did this same thing to and a lot of people that have worse complaints. I mentioned to him that the Better Business Bureau has a lot of unanswered complaints about him and he told me the reason he did not answer them is because it was only ingnorant people like me that file complaints. So, I am not saying anything bad about him just telling my personal experience with him and his company.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
The owner is Steve Burgess, I bought a 2 year policy from him in March of last year on my Newmar Dutchstar. I made a down payment and then started making payments of 200 a month for to pay it off. I had no claims of any kind and sold the motorhome in November. I had all ready made the November payment and only had 2 more payments due. I called and canceled the policy on the 25th and Steve told me that a refund check would be sent to me in 30 days for the unused money paid. I kept waiting and could never get hold of anyone in the office after leaving several dozen messages. Finally got hold of Steve again this morning and he told me I would not get a refund. When I ask why he said because I still owed 2 more payments and now I would not get anything back and that if I said anything bad about him or his company he would sue me. He was very hateful and basically told me it was my fault for not making the other 2 payments after I cancelled. After our conversation this morning I went on the internet and found a lot of people that he did this same thing to and a lot of people that have worse complaints. I mentioned to him that the Better Business Bureau has a lot of unanswered complaints about him and he told me the reason he did not answer them is because it was only ingnorant people like me that file complaints. So, I am not saying anything bad about him just telling my personal experience with him and his company.
Top Notch Business fellow NOT ! Like the saying goes every dog has their day and with advertisement i think steve may get his day nothing worse than a crook taking advantage of folks
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
Anyone have an extended warranty/service contract on their coach ?

I have never purchased one for anything. Our prior coaches were pretty much issue free and there was never a need to go back to the dealer for work.

Unfortunately, that's not the case with our 2013 DS. It's been back at the dealer more than it's been with us over the 5 months we have had it. I'm hoping that we will eventually get everything ironed out ( at least for awhile... things do break) , but with the number and severity of the coach issues ( no chassis issues yet) I am wondering if it might be prudent to look into an extended warranty when I get near the one year mark in ownership.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks
Just an update.... I decided to go with the CoachNet program. More or less covers everything, including wheels and tires and includes roadside service. It was about 1/2 the price of GS coverage.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #33

Payment Plan for ACC Warranties

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzocfi View Post
jimnkaran,

I just happended across this info tonight as I too have been shopping for a policy.

I am certainly not defending this business, but I am also interested in splitting up the price of my policy into some payments and have been reading over their paperwork on the website prior to making a commitment to them.

The way that I understand the details of the payment plan listed on the accws site, it looks like what you are describing is "what happens after default" in the contract.......

Again, I am not defending them and I am not even a customer yet, but if you didn't fufill the terms of the agreement what choice do they have?

I hope this doesn't ruffle anyones feathers but after 40 years of property management I have been on "both sides of the fence" more than once.

Great forum and great info!!
66Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #34

ACC Warranties payment plan

Just as a quick follow up,

I am sorry the OP has a unpleasant experiance but after re-reading their warranty payment plan agreement (finance contract) the only things to fear seem to be not making your payments on time or not making them at all. Acc Contract

Since I intend to make my payments ( I am just waiting for a bond redemption) I don't see any other issues so I signed mine.

In fact, after a lifetime in the contract and policy business, I can tell you that from a legal standpoint, they have made their finance contract as short and simple as legally possible, and still remain compliant to the truth in lending disclosure requirements.

If anything changes, I will re-post.

Thanks

JR
66Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #35

Regarding extended service plans or warranty does anyone have experience or heard of Portfolio Protection? I currently had Good Sam on a coach I recently sold and this plan is offered by the dealer I am purchasing an RV from. Never had anything to break the was not excluded by the current policy but not sure whether to look for another plan, try this Portfolio Protection from the dealer or continue with Good Sam. The file print is a killer in these plans. Need to decide or forfeit ability to get the new plan and look for something else or get new Good Sam Policy. Don't want to step on any one's toes but this seemed related enough to this thread not to start a new one.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch14me View Post
Regarding extended service plans or warranty does anyone have experience or heard of Portfolio Protection? I currently had Good Sam on a coach I recently sold and this plan is offered by the dealer I am purchasing an RV from. Never had anything to break the was not excluded by the current policy but not sure whether to look for another plan, try this Portfolio Protection from the dealer or continue with Good Sam. The file print is a killer in these plans. Need to decide or forfeit ability to get the new plan and look for something else or get new Good Sam Policy. Don't want to step on any one's toes but this seemed related enough to this thread not to start a new one.
Actually I think the name is 1st Choice and the plan is Portfolio Protection.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Consequential damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
First, given that you know you have ongoing issues, you'll probably be better off with a service contract rather than an extended warranty. Big difference. This will be a binding contract, underwritten by an insurance company. That is a good thing.

From a service contract perspective my circumstance is far different than yours, as I bought a ten year old coach. I purchased my service contract from Wholesale Warranties. The contract is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance, and administered by Allegiance Administrators, of Ohio. One year ago I paid something over a thousand per year for a four year contract. To date, the contract has paid for about $3600 in repair of two failed devices. Some will tell you to just put the money in the bank and self-insure. You can do your own math, considering a $10K transmission or a $20K engine.

The important thing is to buy their best comprehensive coverage, and include "consequential damage".. This will cost you a little more, but minimizes the administrator's ability to deny coverage. The less expensive plans only cover items that are specifically listed. In the comprehensive, the contract covers everything except what is specifically excluded, which usually includes things that wear, like rubber seals, belts, fluids, etc. Because your coach is so new, your annual cost for a multi-year contract will likely be lower than mine was.
Hi John and Diane,
Just last week when I asked WW for Exclusionary consequential quote, the lady told me they those offer those any more (probably what she meant the carriers WW is currently working with do not offer consequential). I would love to buy one because that does limit coverage denials.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #38

The Attorney General of the state of Indiana is now filing a formal action against ACC Warranty. Anyone with a claim against them should contact In. AG Mak Snodgrass @ 317-234-6784
fulltime2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #39

ACC Customers - Contact Indiana Attorney General ASAP

To All Disgruntled/Dissatisfied ACC Warranty Customers:
Today, 9/2/2014, I called Mark Snodgrass at the Indiana Attorney General's office regarding our ability to be part of their case against ACC Warranty. Per Mr. Snodgrass, they filed the lawsuit against ACC Warranty 1.5-2 weeks ago.

However, due to so many people contacting the Indiana Attorney General's office since they filed the suit, Mr. Snodgrass said they will be amending the lawsuit to incorporate more people's claims. Therefore, you need to call Mr. Snodgrass, 317-234-6784, ASAP if you want to be part of this lawsuit.
CyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service