Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2019, 03:57 AM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Camping Is For Living Outdoors we love to sit outside watch the races and the football games. Music is another great option even if you Bluetooth through your earbuds experience of being outside is what camping is all about.
Oucamptoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladecreekwy View Post
Here’s what we use
Fantastic, Beautiful, we plan on a lot of that, BUT we will be attending lots of sporting events , football game,s basketball, spring training, motor sports etc. Then we will be using our outside TV. Between them we'll be hiking and biking in those beautiful spots.
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #73

Cozy Cottage

Our last Motor Home came with an outside TV we used it one time in 3 years our Great Grandson used his game on it. The M H came with the outside TV we would have never ordered it. When we bought our present MH it did not have an outside TV the dealer apologized for that we laughed. So I would not add anything to you purchase that you personally don't want this is your baby. We don't camp we RV.
Tom mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #74

Wireless earbuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodosgood View Post
We thought we would use it more often, but I have found that I can hear other people using their outside entertainment options so I don't want them to have to listen to whatever I have on the TV or radio. If our camping neighbors are far away and the weather is just right, we will sometimes turn it on, but not often.
We found just the thing, and we wish more people would discover it. It's a headphone set with a small wireless transmitter that plugs into your TV, and then when the included earbud set is tuned to the transmitter, you mute your TV then listen to your program and nobody will hear it.

One set comes with the transmitter box, an connected around-the-neck earbud set, and a USB charging cord (of course).

We bought two sets, one inside, one outside. Each transmitter can be set up to receive both headsets, with about 30 seconds of wireless setup. We love these.

Amazon info:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that glare problem..... is that even fixable?!
Don & Connie VH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #75
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juane View Post
It's sort of the new mantra of our society it seems, whether you are in the South side of Chicago or parked on a wild river in Texas, most people these days believe the outdoors is theirs alone and that all of those who are near them must be desperately in need of some sort of guidance where entertainment is concerned. Therefore they play their rap music, their "New" Country or their (favorite team) "the game" because that's what everyone else wants to hear, right?

In my book "outdoor" and therefore "shared" entertainment options just indicate how belligerent we can all be when provided the opportunity. However if you are in a RV and the "recreation" you have chosen is watching a blaring TV outside, that really sums it all up without considering any of the other dynamics. If you demand "outdoor entertainment", maybe, just maybe you are parking in the wrong place.
Who can spell curmudgeon?

Let's see, you sit inside your RV all day and grunt about anyone moving or making noise that will disturb your peace. Talk about societal issues....it sounds like it's more about YOU!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #76

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWWW View Post
We like it, if we want to use it we can. We put a glare blocker on the screen. We see it a "nice to have".

Ours is located in the wall, mid level up from the ground. It does NOT take up basement space.

If it took up a basement storage section, then that would be a tougher decision for me.

We also like playing music softly when we are out side cooking or reading or just relaxing.
Ours is also mid-level and shares connections with the 48"er inside so I think very little space is lost. It came standard with the Coach, but we've never used it prior to retiring in August '19 and going full-time. We may use it one day, but... When outside, which is much of the time, we have other things to occupy our time, and we rarely see/hear others using theirs.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #77

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tilting mount link??

Hello all, we have the outdoor option in our 4369 and if it tilted we would use it more often, maybe with wireless headphones. Cant seem to find the mentioned link for a tiltable mount. Does it have to be a special design to fit in the narrow space? Thanks.
bdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdozer View Post
Hello all, we have the outdoor option in our 4369 and if it tilted we would use it more often, maybe with wireless headphones. Cant seem to find the mentioned link for a tiltable mount. Does it have to be a special design to fit in the narrow space? Thanks.

Neal C has done this mod. You may be able to find it by looking at his posts on modifications he has done to his coach.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
Captain -

A few months before I purchased my "new to me" 2016 Ventana LE, the previous owner had a television installed in the front, curb side storage compartment by NIRV in Dallas. Simply stated the TV is mounted to wood frame "box" inside the storage compartment. The "box consumes ~80% of the storage space. The "box" includes a door behind the TV to be able to use the space inside the "box" for storage (I used that space for my "lego blocks" levelers, awning sunscreen, etc.).

I and my family use the outside TV for endless hours on Friday's and Saturday's for each of the seven LSU home football weekends and love the convenience of having a permanently mounted outside television along with a roof mounted DISH Trav'ler dish antenna. For my previous motorhome I had to set-up a TV on a table for each game, string-out a portable Winegard dish antenna, etc.

During "patio season" (i.e. cooler weather) on a long weekend to the Texas Hill Country, the wife and I will enjoy a movie and bottle of wine from a Hill Country winery "under the stars" with the outdoor television.

The only time we don't use the outdoor TV is on hot summer weekends.

Attached is a photo of my Ventana LE with the outdoor TV.

MH TV.pdf
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #80

Our particular model of a New Aire would place the outdoor TV in one of the storage bays. You would swing it out to get behind the bay to the storage area. We opted not to get the TV but if someone wanted to install one, it wouldn't be difficult as all the wiring is left coiled up in that bay. However if you have the type of RV that puts the outside TV on the slideout wall with its own door, then it can only be installed at the time of manufacturing. If our RV would have put the TV in the slide out, I would have probably had it installed.
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I watch the morning news with coffee outdoors. And turn radio on often. Just be aware of close campers not to infringe on their privacy. Have had some come and join in on coffee. I did have warranty issues with fold away bed pinching cables,antenna and back of radio. Not much room between them.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote