Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Factory delivery

We will be doing factory delivery in June and would like to know if all deliveries start on Monday. Has anyone split their delivery into 2 parts i.e. Mon.-Wed. Be gone for 4 days, then finish up on Mon. and Tues. the next week. Thanks for any help you can give.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Good question for customer service, but if I remember correctly, I asked the same question and was told no.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Haven't heard of a split week, but I HAVE heard of folks who were done with FPU in three days and left then...
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
We asked to split our delivery across 2 weeks and the answer was no.

I don't think looking back that this would have been of any value to us. You really find out what is not right with your coach at about the two week to eighth week point in our experience. You need some miles under your tires.

That said, don't rush the week you have. If you look to be done Wednesday morning, ask the tech to come back Friday morning to give you some "sink in" time. We left on Wednesday to go see some inlaws. Had we stayed our generator that failed on Friday would have done so at the factory. Of course if you followed our story we were in a hurry because of our dealer, who should burn in that nasty smelly place, but we digress...

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725, living the dream.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Our Dutch Star should be off line April 8th & we are doing factory pick up the 2nd week in May. I am thinking that after we leave Newmar, traveling for a week or so & scheduling a return service visit back at Newmar about 10 days later if they will let us do that.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
JnC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
We asked to split our delivery across 2 weeks and the answer was no.

I don't think looking back that this would have been of any value to us. You really find out what is not right with your coach at about the two week to eighth week point in our experience. You need some miles under your tires.

That said, don't rush the week you have. If you look to be done Wednesday morning, ask the tech to come back Friday morning to give you some "sink in" time. We left on Wednesday to go see some inlaws. Had we stayed our generator that failed on Friday would have done so at the factory. Of course if you followed our story we were in a hurry because of our dealer, who should burn in that nasty smelly place, but we digress...

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725, living the dream.
JMH - we're looking at buying a new ventana and we're in the same general area of CA. I sent you a PM, but was curious if there's a dealer we should avoid before we complete this sale?
JnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We did a split week due to our work schedule. We started Wed., worked thru Friday then stayed in coach on weekend (actually drove it to an outlet mall 2 hours away and "practised" boondocking for a few hours) then resumed CPU on Monday. We thought it worked great as it gave us a chance to really try (and find) things/issues on our own over the weekend to go over with our tech Monday and Tuesday. We headed home on Wed. am. We thought the split week worked great.

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
JMH - we're looking at buying a new ventana and we're in the same general area of CA. I sent you a PM, but was curious if there's a dealer we should avoid before we complete this sale?
Make sure you get a quote from Tom Lindstrom RV. We sent build sheets to 5 different dealers from across the nation and he beat them all. Plus he is honest and doesn't do the salesman routine.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
Also meant to say we are up in N. Calif. Tom Lindstrom is located in Moorpark.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We took advantage of the full week of our delivery. When Newmar called to confirm the delivery date I asked them to put another service appointment on the books for three weeks later. We did a tow week shake down, visiting family and friends, and returned to Nappanee. They had a full week dealing with everything the shake down revealed.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
Also meant to say we are up in N. Calif. Tom Lindstrom is located in Moorpark.

If you are taking factory pickup (CPU), the location of your dealer isn't relevant. We live in the San Diego area and purchased our coach from Tom Lindstrom. The trip was well worth the drive. You will be treated with honesty and respect. Very much UNLIKE our experiences at other dealerships.

We also took CPU. It is well worth the cost.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
If you are taking factory pickup (CPU), the location of your dealer isn't relevant. We live in the San Diego area and purchased our coach from Tom Lindstrom. The trip was well worth the drive. You will be treated with honesty and respect. Very much UNLIKE our experiences at other dealerships.

We also took CPU. It is well worth the cost.
We did go with Tom Lindstrom. Agree with everything you have stated.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We took advantage of the full week of our delivery. When Newmar called to confirm the delivery date I asked them to put another service appointment on the books for three weeks later. We did a tow week shake down, visiting family and friends, and returned to Nappanee. They had a full week dealing with everything the shake down revealed.
Glad you posted as I was thinking of you. I followed your thread about your order and delivery with great interest, knowing we would be doing the same thing this year. I couldn't remember when you called about scheduling a service appt., now I know. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:45 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
We purposefully chose to start the factory delivery on a Wednesday. This allowed us to take the coach out over the weekend for a pretty good shake down. Our tech arrived Monday morning and we continued the delivery with a few added adjustments and questions. It was a very good experience which I highly recommend. Sometimes I think it is more valuable to experienced RV'ers since you know what to look for and what to question.
Baja Fun is offline   Reply With Quote