Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #1

Factory Pick-Up of New Aire

We will be picking up Airie on 3/19. We ordered her last August from Tom Lindstrom.

Step 1: pictures received from customer service 2 1/2 weeks prior to pick-up date
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	194165Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	194166Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	194167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	194168
Lilfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot View Post
We will be picking up Airie on 3/19. We ordered her last August from Tom Lindstrom.

Step 1: pictures received from customer service 2 1/2 weeks prior to pick-up date
Exciting...our FPU is about 2 months behind yours. Will be reading your posts with great interest and anticipation...please keep them coming.

I like the name...Airie.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:30 AM   #3

When do we get notified of a pickup date? All I can get is the date they will start production. Mid may so I assume mid June for FPU?
Newaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
When do we get notified of a pickup date? All I can get is the date they will start production. Mid may so I assume mid June for FPU?
My understanding is until they actually start the production process the dates are just estimates and therefore the FPU is an estimate. My current estimated ship date is 5/3/18 and the FPU is "about" 3 weeks after that.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #5

Factory Pick-Up of New Aire

We learned our pick-up date in January (phone call from Phil Stilley, Scheduler) for a March pickup which was 2 weeks earlier than we were originally told when ordered. They said production would start the 1st week in Feb & it would be completed & at customer service on Feb 22nd for them to prepare it for our pick-up on 3/19. When it reached customer service we learned who our Service Lead is and he sent the pictures.

Soon to be an Airehead...
Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Soon to be an Airehead...
Will be looking for your reports on the FPU. You should know all the places to look and test. About the same time you are driving home we launch for a 30 day, 6000 mile trip in the NA. First major outing for us in the NA.

My NA now has 3,200 miles and I am now running out of issues relating to the build. Now just dealing with the routine stuff associated with normal use.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Will be looking for your reports on the FPU. You should know all the places to look and test.
Yup...thank you very much for the insights.

When you started your NA journey, I told you I was going to tag along, and I have. It has been very interesting. The additional info given by our fellow “Aireheads” has made it so I feel like I know our new coach already. When we walk up to it for the first time, I fear it might be anticlimactic—we’ll soon find out

For those that don’t know, I’m happy to be Lilfoot’s DH
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #8

Quote:

Step 2: We received the closing paperwork from the dealer 2 weeks prior to pick up. We’ll return them signed with a check for the remaining balance & he’ll send us the plates to bring with us.

So this could be controversial for some buyers: paying hundreds of thousands of $’s prior to seeing your vehicle. I’ve read other threads where people have wired the funds on the day of pick-up after seeing & approving of their coach. However, Newmar will not let you stay in the vehicle until legal ownership has passed (pmt & signed paperwork) which more than likely can’t be accomplished on the 1st day because it has to be completed with the dealership—not Newmar. We want all that done prior to arrival so we can focus on learning the coach. We trust Newmar & the dealer & we’ve seen pictures verifying the correct model & color.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Step 2: We received the closing paperwork from the dealer 2 weeks prior to pick up. We’ll return them signed with a check for the remaining balance & he’ll send us the plates to bring with us.

So this could be controversial for some buyers: paying hundreds of thousands of $’s prior to seeing your vehicle. I’ve read other threads where people have wired the funds on the day of pick-up after seeing & approving of their coach. However, Newmar will not let you stay in the vehicle until legal ownership has passed (pmt & signed paperwork) which more than likely can’t be accomplished on the 1st day because it has to be completed with the dealership—not Newmar. We want all that done prior to arrival so we can focus on learning the coach. We trust Newmar & the dealer & we’ve seen pictures verifying the correct model & color.
I will be meeting my dealer (Kyle @ Midway in Grand Rapids, MI) at the factory on day one of FPU to sign paperwork and make final payment.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal218 View Post
I will be meeting my dealer (Kyle @ Midway in Grand Rapids, MI) at the factory on day one of FPU to sign paperwork and make final payment.

Perfect. Our dealer is in CA.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
Newmar customer service will contact you to schedule FPU. Our scheduled pickup is 16 April. Our New Aire went into production on 21 February and is due off line on 20 Mar. We received our scheduling email the last week of January. That may give you a general idea of schedule.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by abncsm View Post
Newmar customer service will contact you to schedule FPU. Our scheduled pickup is 16 April. Our New Aire went into production on 21 February and is due off line on 20 Mar. We received our scheduling email the last week of January. That may give you a general idea of schedule.

We’ll look for your couch when we’re there for FPU 3/19. We may see it during a factory tour if they let us. What color?
Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Lillifoot - I'm DW of abncsm. Our New Aire is Shadow interior and exterior. We went with the DS grey seat color.
Speckled Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We’ll look for your couch when we’re there for FPU 3/19. We may see it during a factory tour if they let us. What color?
My 3343 is also in production as of March 1 and is shadow exterior and scheduled for completion toward the end of the month with delivery to Coachlight soon there after.

Tags
air