Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2019, 06:13 AM   #15

Just keep in mind that the engine oil isn't the only "maintenance" that is timed, or needs to be done on a late model coach. The generator is suppose to be serviced the first time in something like 50 run hours. The Oasis on that coach should have been service once already.

If the previous owner was negligent and/or lazy about the obvious maintenance then what about:

1. 303 been applied to the front every month?
2. Have the house batteries been maintained?
3. Have the interior a/c filters ever been removed and cleaned?
4. Has the whole house filter every been changed?
5. Has the frig filter every been changed or just reset?
6. Has the radiator every been cleaned?

I am not saying you should not purchase this coach. Just be aware that there is more to maintaining these than changing the oil. If nothing else use #1 through #6 in your discussions to get the price as low as possible.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I am in the same boat. I bought a 2015 DS 4369 on consignment and tried to get maintenance records but to no avail. The dealer supposedly went through the coach via a PDI checklist and charged $3500 for it. I asked for new tires which you may want to check since yours are 5 years old and I asked for an Oasis service since it was at a Newmar dealer. I plan on having everything mentioned by others done before too long but am currently parked until March with a few short trips planned. I was also convinced by my RV expert friend to purchase an extended warrantee for piece of mind. I went with Good Sam and can cancel at any time. Worth thinking about. Good luck.
RAS100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:25 AM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks again everyone for taking the time to help us out!!!

We went to look at the 2015 Ventana for the third time yesterday.
So, "FLJOE" in response to the issues you raised:

1. 303 been applied to the front every month?
The front cap looks brand new, including the Diamond Shield!
2. Have the house batteries been maintained?
There are eight of them (Interstate) and the water levels look good.
3. Have the interior a/c filters ever been removed and cleaned?
They looked new.
4. Has the whole house filter every been changed?
Haven't checked this yet.
5. Has the frig filter every been changed or just reset?
Same as #4., above.
6. Has the radiator every been cleaned?
Again, don't know; however, it looks like it has never been used! Along with the fact that we don't have any maintenance history, our biggest concern is that the coach has had such LITTLE use!

"RAS100" The tires are over 5 years old by DOT date and we have new tires in the budget for 2020. One thing the broker was able to get from the owner is that the oil and filters were changed in October, 2018 and the Oasis was serviced also. Totally agree that if we decide to pull the trigger on this coach that we will be making a visit to Gaffney in the spring and we are going to purchase a "service plan" on it...have been researching those as well.

Tags
maintenance