Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
GKU

Factory Service Apointment

Would like to make a Factory Warranty Service appointment for this September. Would like to go before warranty expires.

As of today we have no problems, so is it possible to make an OPEN appointment for September.

How would I do this??
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #2

I would call the factory. But I suspect they won't make an appointment for "nothing". They typically (should be) reserving their resources, which is predicated on the type of work (which today is undefined).
For example, the Paint shop is way different than the suspension / engine / electrical etc resources.

Also, legally they can't say you are out of Warranty because they couldn't put you on the schedule. When you have an issue, call / email to start the paper trail on when the problem broke. The issue will be they could mandate that you come in "tomorrow" if you want the Repair Order to be written within the warranty period. And, that might be a hike and a scheduling nightmare for you.

I suspect they will ultimately work with you based on prior forum comments.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #3

First of all, you are wise in setting up service way in advance. September is a busy month. Unless things have changed since we purchased, setting up a service check up prior to warranty expiration was common. Getting the coach weighed, checking ride height etc. were some of the things we had done. Service also found several thing that we didn't catch. You can call or request service from the Newmar web site.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
GKU

We are trying to coordinate service with the Rally in Syracuse. I guess we can make an appointment for ride height adjustment, then add some things if they fail in the months leading to Sept.
Would that work??
Old 02-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
September is a tough month for Newmar. They are closed for more than a week, starting Sept 16. I called last week for some recall and maintenance work and was able to get a Sept 9 appointment. It coincides nicely with the HOOTS rally.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:54 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlampDaddy View Post
September is a tough month for Newmar. They are closed for more than a week, starting Sept 16. I called last week for some recall and maintenance work and was able to get a Sept 9 appointment. It coincides nicely with the HOOTS rally.
I made my appointment for September 2019 while I was taking customer pickup in October 2018. They have some kind of training which they are closed for a week in September or October and they are closed for another week during that same period as they all go to the Rally in NY.
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:03 AM   #7
GKU

Thanks, I will call today and try to get a September appointment..
Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I made an appointment 2.5 weeks after mine expires. They contact the suppliers of any item on your list and get approval to extend. Takes a little longer but they will work with you.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #9
GKU

Just called and I have an appointment for September 9th. This works out great for us as we want to go the International Rally this year.

Tags
service