RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Factory tour

I am planning a factory tour in Nappanee.
I understand the morning tour is strenuous and the afternoon tour not so much.
What do you miss by taking the main plant tour and not the other tour?

Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
I am planning a factory tour in Nappanee.
I understand the morning tour is strenuous and the afternoon tour not so much.
What do you miss by taking the main plant tour and not the other tour?
Well, I can't tell you exactly what you might miss since I took the morning full tour about two months ago. What I can say is that I didn't find it "strenuous." And, where significant walking was encountered, our tour guide offered the option of sitting on a bench until the tour group circled back.

What I think you'll miss with the afternoon session is a tour of the service center. If you are in Nappanee for a service visit, you may see most of that on your own.

TJ

Old 08-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #3

You miss everything except building 7 (where they put the house on the chassis). The chassis plant is very interesting and the only place to see all the substructure and bracing being added to the bare chassis and before welds are cleaned and the whole thing is painted. The subfloor and tiled floors are put on here also and the entire basement is built and covered with sliding trays put in. This was a highlight of the tour for me. You also will go into the paint shop and see the coaches after the base coat is applied and where the graphic patterns are applied. Then you will be driven to and through the service bays and walk in to see the customer lounges and the parts store. I highly recommend making an appointment and taking the full morning tour. Quite a bit of walking but not excessive. I am 74, overweight and just finished a long stretch of cancer radiation therapy a couple of days before the tour, plus we drove a t
thousand miles to see our new coach on the afternoon before. All JMHO