RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #155

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been on the road for almost 3 weeks now, and have determined that the water fill is very slow. By Very slow I mean that to fill an empty fresh water tank with 60psi of pressure it takes about 30 minutes. I have tried opening the valves, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this about the norm for others with the same type of fill system?

If you are not familiar with the 2013 DSDP fill system, it is a valve that is rotated to use your fresh water connection to fill the tank.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #156

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
So if that is the case then I can move front first and recenter it. Thank you for the info. I am going to do this tomorrow before we move on to Yosemite.
BTW - I did get my motors to sync up, and that is when I discovered the Trans Torque bushing had fallen apart. I have gotten it tight, but that was only 2 full turns, which I am certain is no where near enough. I have checked it before operating it, and have an appointment Monday with Guaranty RV in Oregon to look at all the slide issues. For now things have been working ok, we just hold our breath everytime we have to operate the slide. I have additional body damage, similar to my prior posts where I blamed the dealer for operating it on unlevel ground. Now I am not so sure that was the problem.

I will post an update once Guaranty looks at it.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #157
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I have been on the road for almost 3 weeks now, and have determined that the water fill is very slow. By Very slow I mean that to fill an empty fresh water tank with 60psi of pressure it takes about 30 minutes. I have tried opening the valves, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this about the norm for others with the same type of fill system?

If you are not familiar with the 2013 DSDP fill system, it is a valve that is rotated to use your fresh water connection to fill the tank.
The 1/2" pipes does not help if they only placed at least 3/4" to fresh water tank it would help.
They must think we are all retired and have the time, than they would probally tell us why not start to refill as your braking down camp.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #158

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
The 1/2" pipes does not help if they only placed at least 3/4" to fresh water tank it would help.
They must think we are all retired and have the time, than they would probally tell us why not start to refill as your braking down camp.
What I have noticed is that all the camps I am at have terrible water pressure (ie: less than 60 is terrible), as I enjoy a good strong shower. I already have the oxygenics shower head. The pump in the coach provides good strong pressure, so often I am using both the pump and the shore connection. As a result, I get a lot of opportunity to refill the coach.

Now with 6 people, finding 30 minutes to cut of water is not the easiest task. But hey - we are on vacation!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #159

Hey ReBaron73!

Glad to hear you found another reason for slide problems and hope the dealer can get all right.

Also glad to hear I am not the only one thinking it took an awful long time to fill the H2O tank. Took so long I forgot about filling it and came back into the barn to find the tank overflowing. Now that you tell me about 30 min I realize that the overflowing had not been going on for that long like I had feared.

So the issue is a change to 1/2 vent hose vs previous 3/4? That would explain the longer fill but not the reason for doing it. Have added it to my list of items to speak to the dealer about.

Very glad to hear you could take so much time at once to be with your family. Something they (and you) will always remember.

Enjoy yourself. I always try to remember what someone told me as a young boy:

"The only problems you have in life are with your or someone close to you's health. All the other things we call problems are only new experiances we would have just a soon not have gone thru"

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #160

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmwalden
I am posting this on behalf of redbaron73. They are the soft limit reset directions.

Steve
Steve,

I don't see the attachment. Can you post it again?

Thanks,

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #161

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since I have the hose reel, it too is only 1/2", so that can explain the less than optimal flow from
Shore too.

In going to come up with a way to fill the tank automatically. On my swimming pool I installed a levelor system to accomplish auto fill. That should work here too, just need a bypass switch for when the water is in use. This will take some pondering.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #162

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
What I have noticed is that all the camps I am at have terrible water pressure (ie: less than 60 is terrible), as I enjoy a good strong shower. I already have the oxygenics shower head. The pump in the coach provides good strong pressure, so often I am using both the pump and the shore connection. As a result, I get a lot of opportunity to refill the coach.

Now with 6 people, finding 30 minutes to cut of water is not the easiest task. But hey - we are on vacation!
I have focused on the water filter. The Flow Pur #6 Extruded Carbon Filter cartridge used by Newmar on our DSDP does an excellent job in filtering water but seems to really reduce water pressure. I plan in trying a different cartridge and see if that helps with water pressure and flow. FYI, my coach filters the water prior to the fresh water tank and it is a slow fill.

Mike
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #163

That's about the same time it takes to fill ours. I've forgotten it a couple of times and had water every where.

Yet till you have to drain a 3/4 tank. That took 2 hours, might have been faster to use the pump..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #164

Newmar Owners Club
Interesting on the water fill. It took me 10 minutes to get to a 1/4 tank and thought it was something I was doing wrong.

Anybody have or seen a water system schematic?
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #165

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
Steve,

I don't see the attachment. Can you post it again?

Thanks,

Mike
Here it is ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Programming DSC100.pdf (1.51 MB, 94 views)
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #166

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmwalden
Here it is ...
Thanks, I still can't see it. Must be my iPad, so I need to log in with a Windows machine and see if I see it then.

Mike
Old 07-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #167

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you use safari on your iPad you can see it. Just not the app

Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #168
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Maybe you need one of these setups found in 2006 LAB & Essex.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote