Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #1

Fife RV in the Tacoma Wa area

Fife RV is the closest authorized service dealer to me. I live in the Tacoma area. I drove by there and was not impressed. I did not have time to talk to them, but it didn't have that "professional look" one might expect. I realize that is not a fair assessment based on a drive-by. They could be great.

Has anybody dealt with them? Is there another outfit around that does great work on Newmars? I have the engine serviced at Valley Freightliner so just the coach stuff. Slide issues, some minor electrical, nothing major, but would like to find a place that does good work.

Thank You

BTW - The next closest service center to me is south of Portland. Not a deal breaker, but just inconvenient.
X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We ordered our '02 DSDP from a dealer in Fife. Owners name was "Joe". Ended up filing a complaint with the State AG's office and winning. Not sure if Fife RV is the same or not though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-OEM View Post
Fife RV is the closest authorized service dealer to me. I live in the Tacoma area. I drove by there and was not impressed. I did not have time to talk to them, but it didn't have that "professional look" one might expect. I realize that is not a fair assessment based on a drive-by. They could be great.

Has anybody dealt with them? Is there another outfit around that does great work on Newmars? I have the engine serviced at Valley Freightliner so just the coach stuff. Slide issues, some minor electrical, nothing major, but would like to find a place that does good work.

Thank You

BTW - The next closest service center to me is south of Portland. Not a deal breaker, but just inconvenient.
What kind of service are you needing? Beyond that, are you basing your decision on the size/style of the building? The BEST mechanic I've EVER dealt with is 5 miles south of Madison, SD There isn't ONE ITEM Wayne doesn't know about and how to fix, plus he can explain exactly what's wrong and what the costs will be to repair it. His shop is two medal buildings out in the middle of a huge corn pasture.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I've been using a local heavy truck garage here in western New York for the last 4 years and their service is EXCELLENT!!!! Yes the garage doesn't look like a new modern Freightliner garage with paved parking lot, show room offices, spotless bays, etc, BUT I'd recommend them to anyone needing RV service. Add to the the labor rate in Buffalo NY freighliner is $135 per hours, and Lee's labor rate is $75 per hour, in fact last year he apologized to me for having to raise is rate from 70 to 75 per hour.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We bought our DSDP from there and was a nightmare. Service wad incompetent and they will say anything to get your money. Look up the BBB reports. Look around for another RV repair place. If it's not to big a job you might consider doing it yourself.
BigJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We live in the same area, and know what your are talking about, as far as coach service. I usually recommend Cummins NW, in Olympia, for engine, and frame components, but I had a less than quality experience with them when they did a recall fix, last Fall. A three hour job took a month...

Haven't found a good shop that does repairs/adjustments to the coach, but someone else had recommended Infinity Coach out of Sumner, WA. Their number is: 253-891-0879. They are mainly a customization shop (new interiors, floors, roofs, etc) but I have heard that they do fluid changes and other stuff too. Might give them a call and ask...
Old 07-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #7

I can echo BigJerry. Our purchase and service department experience was dreadful; had to wait eight hours (with two dogs) for service personnel to finish getting our new coach ready. Had a major problem, within a week, with a dealer installed accessory that they didn't want to deal with. They wanted to complain to me about my trade-in.
I've heard they cycle through Service Managers.
Find a respected independent and Newmar will work with them to get you taken care of.
Partman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #8

Stay away from Fife RV. As others have said its a total rip off place. They wont work on your coach anyway unless you bought from them. Even Newmar told me to stay away..LOL
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #9

We just bought a new DS 4369 from Guaranty Rv in Juction City Or. They are a platinum dealer with Newmar. They had tons of positive comments from customers. Many of their techs used to work for Country Coach.

Worth the drive IMHO. I live in Kitsap county and will gladly drive for quality repairs. They will work on the coach during the day and you can live in it at night in a free spot 1/4 mile away. 50 amp service and a few water hookups. Quality of work is second to none.

Dar
2ndramtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndramtd View Post
We just bought a new DS 4369 from Guaranty Rv in Juction City Or. They are a platinum dealer with Newmar. They had tons of positive comments from customers. Many of their techs used to work for Country Coach.

Worth the drive IMHO. I live in Kitsap county and will gladly drive for quality repairs. They will work on the coach during the day and you can live in it at night in a free spot 1/4 mile away. 50 amp service and a few water hookups. Quality of work is second to none.

Dar

+1 for Guaranty RV in Junction City. I had a great service experience last month, they are building a new campground and have an excellent RV Travel Center with restaurant.
Capt. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #11

I have always heard good things about guaranty rv
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #12

Another plus for Guaranty RV. We purchased our coach new from them and have had service there several times on the coach portion. They aren't perfect (none are) but they will try their damnedest to get you taken care of to your satisfaction. We are in the process of putting our coach up for sale so we can buy another Newmar, most likely from Guaranty. If you need to stay overnight they have a lot for service coaches across the street from one of the service buildings. Their second service building is next door to their showroom right on Hwy 99 and they have more service parking adjacent. Last time I was there three months ago they hadn't finished their campground behind the showroom. Their service phone number is 800-379-5332. Good luck.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #13

Fife RV has filed for bankruptcy and is awaiting the courts to appoint a receiver. While this is a public record, it is not widely known yet. We bought our 2015 Ventana from them in August of 2015 and will never do business with them again ever. We have used Infinity Coach in Sumner on a few occasions and are very happy with them. Jim is the owner and is very hands on. As a result of our work with them they are set up to do warranty work with Newmar but are not yet a Newmar preferred (referred) dealer. Feel free to message me if you want or need more information.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #14

We had stopped at Fife RV on a couple occasions to check what Newmars were in stock. The last time especially I felt like I needed a shower after I left. Not good. I'm not at all surprised they are filing bankruptcy. We surely need another decent Newmar dealer in the area.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote