Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #1

First (cold) trip in the MA next week - have a couple of questions

Was hoping for some warmer temps, but it is looking like we are going to have some sub freezing temps at night in the mountains of VA next week so I want to be sure I understand the OASIS properly..

First, I should activate both electric elements to put it on the "winter" loop, correct? Is it necessary to operate the diesel burner as well to heat the coach properly? I do have heated floors.

On our Baystar, we had heated tank pads. I am assuming that since the basement is heated in the MA, we don't have a need for heated tank pads nor do we need to worry about tanks freezing up if the heat is working properly.

I have seen it recommended that we just fill our fresh water tank and disconnect the fresh water supply when it is supposed to get below freezing - I'm guessing it's a good idea?

If we want to have hot water as soon as we get to the CG, should we run the diesel burner before we get there and if so, how long?

For those with the Wi-fi booster, do we just switch it on from the main panel and it automatically just works, or do we have to connect our devices to the actual booster itself?

I'm sure as we begin to settle in, we will have many more questions, but I want to try and be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance for all of the help and suggestions.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #2

Jeff I would turn on the diesel burner 20 min before hitting the CG, then plug in an turn on ac. The ac may not be enough to supply hot water as well as furnace heat, so I would try it, and if not, turn on the diesel burner. Keep in mind I had an Aqua Hot which is similar to Oasis. The AC heat was good for washing hands, dishes, and a mild shower. If it was cold out I would turn on the burner for heat. The burner didn’t run until there was a call for water or heating fluid. I use an indoor/outdoor thermometer and put the outdoor monitor in the wet bay to keep an eye on the temps. I would also use the water out of the tank. The best way to learn the system is to get out and use it. Use the oasis in different modes to see what it does and doesn’t do. Good luck and have a good trip.

Mark
Old 03-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In this link its has everything you need to know about your OASIS.
With it on it will keep you comfortable and your tank area's warm with the register in the wet bay and you will have your hot water.
If your winterized right now just flush out the anti and put on the Oasis to keep everyone warm on your trip.
With the temps of recent days I do not think you will be seeing real sub freezing temps.
Enjoy your trip and safe travels.
For fresh water fill your water tank and disconnect city water.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #4
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
First (cold) trip in the MA next week - have a couple of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
Was hoping for some warmer temps, but it is looking like we are going to have some sub freezing temps at night in the mountains of VA next week so I want to be sure I understand the OASIS properly..

First, I should activate both electric elements to put it on the "winter" loop, correct? Is it necessary to operate the diesel burner as well to heat the coach properly? I do have heated floors.

On our Baystar, we had heated tank pads. I am assuming that since the basement is heated in the MA, we don't have a need for heated tank pads nor do we need to worry about tanks freezing up if the heat is working properly.

I have seen it recommended that we just fill our fresh water tank and disconnect the fresh water supply when it is supposed to get below freezing - I'm guessing it's a good idea?

If we want to have hot water as soon as we get to the CG, should we run the diesel burner before we get there and if so, how long?

For those with the Wi-fi booster, do we just switch it on from the main panel and it automatically just works, or do we have to connect our devices to the actual booster itself?

I'm sure as we begin to settle in, we will have many more questions, but I want to try and be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance for all of the help and suggestions.

Regarding the Wi-fi Booster, it should already be on. You will need to select your wifi ranger router on your device, then log in by bringing up the control panel. You may have a Newmar login that includes your coach number or something like Pvt.WifiRanger-Core. Xxxx. To get to the control panel, you type in your browser mywifiranger.com. That way you can choose what wifi network you want to connect to. After that you just set all your devices to your wifi router. At FPU, I was given the following youtube video link: https://youtu.be/v8-yk3B7Ngc. Hope it helps.
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote