Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #43

Rejex wax

Rejex is by far the best. Been using for years.
Eagle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
I struggled with NuFinish the first year we owned the coach. It was a huge JOB to get the whole thing done.

Then I paid a mobile RV detail guy in SW Florida to do it last year. I learned a lot, plus he did an outstanding job. I now do it myself again.

I use McGuires (with carnauba). I put it on about a 2'x2' area with a orbital buffer, then take it off with microfiber towels. Starting with a clean dry coach it takes about 8 hours so I divide it into 2 days.
What does an orbital buffer do for putting on the wax that is better than manually "with arms/hands "?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
What does an orbital buffer do for putting on the wax that is better than manually "with arms/hands "?

It's significantly faster, more consistent application, and a lot easier on your arms...

As noted, I use an inexpensive one that I bought for about $30 from one of the big box hardware stores.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It is not only easier and faster, but you tend to put on a thinner more uniform coat when using a buffer to put it on. The thinner consistent coat of wax enables you to easily wipe/buff it off with a microfiber.

When I used a round waxing pad for 4 or 5 hours my arms would be worn out and I would get about half as much done.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdmeehan View Post
Has anyone tried Top Coat’s “F11?” It is a polish versus a wax.
There was a discussion about F11 in the past few weeks. I tried it, or at least the spray type of F11 after a couple buddies said it was the greatest ever.

It went on easy just like an instant spray wax. However, there are two things that will just as easily remove it. Washing your coach with any soap, or just letting it get rained on a couple times.

IMHO for the price they sell it for I consider it "snake oil" and will never purchase it again. I am currently using it to wipe down my Harley after rides to get bugs off, instead of just throwing it away.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #48

Aero Cosmetics

Have been having good luck with the Aero Cosmetic's waterless wash & wax product...quick, easy, and lasts
DEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #49

Well this https://www.amazon.com/Waterless-Oun...3768564&sr=8-4

Has the greatest number of 4-star reviews on Amazon and it is an aircraft wax--Aero Cosmetics
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #50

When in doubt, check with Newmar. They include with manuals and warranties information on when to do the first wax and the product to use along with info on washing the coach.
VogelTalksRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #51

I first clay bar the surface to get it clean and I use PPC products.

I have used them for over 20 years. I use them on my Coach, show cars, and aircraft.
I also use it on the SBD Dauntless that I fly.
https://ppcbest.com/
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #52

I've used Marine 31 M31-700 Gel coat carnuba wax plus sealant https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for the last 2 years & it seems to last longer than others I've tried & it's pretty easy to apply.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #53

Huge time saver...irrespective which wax you settle on before you put the first bit of wax on the coach, use "Back to Black" (or similar) on those areas not suppose to wax (rubber trim around windows, etc) that invariably have stray wax blotches during the application. You can apply it afterwards but requires a lot of elbow grease to get those white dried wax areas off the black. done before, it leaves a silicone shield that the stray wax won't stick to and is easily lifted off the area during normal buffing.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #54

Don't use wax.

Use Mothers CMX Ceramic coating. Goes on easy...wipes off easy and lasts significantly longer than any wax will ever last. Wait 24hrs between coats (stacks). A little goes a long way.
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #55

Areo wash wax all, I use there extension pole with V shape head micro fiber mits 1 wet 1 dry , can do my 40ft mh in 1 1/2hr . I've used this on my old mh and new mh has not been wash with soap and water yet 14mos 4500mi Pennsylvania to Florida and back. Also never have water spots. It cleans and UV protection,on roof,seals,and glass.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What I Use

I paste wax my RV and car twice each year and wash and spray wax as needed. I have tried several different cleaners and most seem to work fine. Here is what I use:

paste wax: Turtle Wax Carnuba
waterless wash: Turtle Wax Ice Shine Spray Detailer
waterless wax: Turtle Wax Ice Shine Spray Wax
glass and plastic for shine and bug removal (not paint): magic eraser
glass cleaner: Armorall glass cleaner
seals: 303
tires: Maguires Hot ShineTtire Coating
aluminum wheels: Motorkote Wheel Cleaner
materials: microfiber cloths and a cloth wrapped sponge (for bug removal). I buy Zwipes microfiber cloths from Amazon. Walmart sells the rest.

It typically takes me a day and a half to wash and condition the seals. It typically takes me a day and a half to spray wax and condition the seals. It typically takes me two days to paste wax.

I used Turtle Wax products on my 1996 Nissan 300ZX. When I sold it three years ago (since I couldn't tow it, but it broke my heart) it still shined as much as the day I purchased it.