Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We’ll be there. Going to Newmar pre-rally too.
dc3carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #30

Arriving March 11. Hope to other Newmar owners
Jazzylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #31

First Timers!

We're coming.

Gonna take it slow from OK to Perry, arrive on 13th. We're still getting used to driving our new-to-us coach; so we'll take it slow I-40, I-22, I-20 to I-75.So far I've only driven it <10 miles. Good thing Lee drove it home.

We received our packet in the mail last week. Was going to look up views about roadside assist GS vs FMCA, when I saw your posting about the convention. Did not know about pre-conference or we would have tried to get to that, too. Already have our stops reserved.

Would be great to get to meet other coach owners!!
We have lots to learn.
Guess we'll learn about how to find ya'll in the newcomer's briefings.

Linda (& Lee)
2014 Newmar DS - 4369 - Freightliner
2017 C-Max hybrid
nursecamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:30 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursecamper1 View Post
We're coming.

Gonna take it slow from OK to Perry, arrive on 13th. We're still getting used to driving our new-to-us coach; so we'll take it slow I-40, I-22, I-20 to I-75.So far I've only driven it <10 miles. Good thing Lee drove it home.

We received our packet in the mail last week. Was going to look up views about roadside assist GS vs FMCA, when I saw your posting about the convention. Did not know about pre-conference or we would have tried to get to that, too. Already have our stops reserved.

Would be great to get to meet other coach owners!!
We have lots to learn.
Guess we'll learn about how to find ya'll in the newcomer's briefings.

Linda (& Lee)
2014 Newmar DS - 4369 - Freightliner
2017 C-Max hybrid
The I-20/I-75 interchange is just south of downtown Atlanta.

Might consult locals for the time of day you plan to make that connection...as the I-285 bypass may be easier. Longer...but depending on traffic, easier...
Old 02-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
The I-20/I-75 interchange is just south of downtown Atlanta.

Might consult locals for the time of day you plan to make that connection...as the I-285 bypass may be easier. Longer...but depending on traffic, easier...
On a Tuesday between 10am-2pm and 9pm-5am you really can take either. Any other time I would go i20 -> i285 -> i75
Old 02-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacollier View Post
On a Tuesday between 10am-2pm and 9pm-5am you really can take either. Any other time I would go i20 -> i285 -> i75
Good info...thanks Allen!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #35
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3carl View Post
We’ll be there. Going to Newmar pre-rally too.

Where and when is the Newmar pre-rally?
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:28 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow...that was a lot of RV's!!!

That will probably be the largest Rally I will ever attend. Huge venue. No where close to the parking skills of the Newmar crews that volunteer at the Tampa show...but they eventually got the job done.

There were socials, vendors, seminars. I would say the NIRVC Newmar Display, and Marcus at the Freightliner display were the highlights. Of course browsing the vendors quickly to find things you didn't know you needed can be fun. Seminars...in all fairness, I quit going after one. Seemed to be too general. I find more information using iRV2.

The local town was fun...antiques, orchard store, and Air Force museum.

But the best part was and always will be...hanging out with friends!!!!!!!!

We are brand new to the FMCA...we were happy to find out there is a Newmar Chapter. For future reference...as was noted earlier in this thread...they do meetup for a pre-rally near the FMCA Rally and then caravan together. It's always fun to hangout with fellow Newmar owners.

We glanced at a handout from a Florida Chapter...but they lost us with the mandatory attendance policy and uniform consisting of white pants and green shirts. Whew...Good on them...whatever floats your boat.

Anyway...it's what you make if it...and we had a great time with friends.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
FMCA was great but I hear Tampa Supershow was better for the vendor participation. Seminars were good for me particularly Cummins BUT people don't know how to hold their questions and speakers don't know how to maintain control of their seminars so we probably got 50% of what we were supposed to hear, but still good info! I spent money, all is good but the social was the best part meeting many of you here, many of which tracked me down walking my critter and saying hi which was great - thank you for doing that.

I got a cool wood sign made, now if only I won't be too lazy to put it up each time. A nice awning extension as the Carefree is kinda worthless other then for rain cover. Great neighbors (Dave) in their Ventana saw me struggling to install this on my own and ran out to help me - awesome Newmar friends we all have!

A few pics, one of my sign, one of me doing all I can to get some food, I even barked. Nothing! And one with the other troublemaker behind the camera of the first one.

Right to left: Charlie's better half (aka Ronnie) and the one that won't let me spend their money (but I'm working on it), Charlie Martin, Me in one Renee (ARD) in the other, Mary and Ron (not sure their aliases here on IRV2). I hear the pizza was good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	196078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.png
Views:	133
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	196079  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	196080  
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #38
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
...many of which tracked me down walking my critter and saying hi which was great - thank you for doing that.
"Critter?" I sure hope Sam doesn't see this post; she'll be crushed!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
"Critter?" I sure hope Sam doesn't see this post; she'll be crushed!

TJ
It may have been the cloud of fur behind us that identified me. When she stops shedding 1 coat per day I will respectfully call her dog, pup, but until my central vac can breathe again - critter.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #40
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
It may have been the cloud of fur behind us that identified me. When she stops shedding 1 coat per day I will respectfully call her dog, pup, but until my central vac can breathe again - critter.
I just got a note from Sam and she's not happy about all the Pop Tart wrappers floating around either. Just sayin'.

TJ
Old 03-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Good point. She really hates it when they are empty. We're in master/dog counseling at this time. We'll work it out.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #42
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Good point. She really hates it when they are empty. We're in master/dog counseling at this time. We'll work it out.
On a more serious note, Neal; did you happen to see any MADP 4047s at the rally? Despite having one on order, we haven't found one within 1,500 miles of us to actually walk through. Talk about "flying blind."

TJ