Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #1

Foggy Window

I’ve not had much luck with this forums search engine, so I’ll just ask:
One of the two lower vent (moveable) pieces of glass in our living room PS window has fogged up in cold weather. It’s obvious that the seal has failed. Can this be replaced and, if so, can I reasonably expect to be able to do it myself? Should I call Newmar or Hehr for the part? This is on an ‘18 DS.
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #2

fogged window

You can do it yourself if you are reasonably handy. However, you will need to buy the replacement seal 66' for about $70 available through D&K hardware.
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #3

I have used this guy and he does quality work. autoglassboss.com Mesa AZ
Old 12-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #4

Word Search for “Suncoast” and you’ll find several posts on this topic.
ssimonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:09 AM   #5

Yup, it's the dreaded dual-pane window seal failure problem.

I don't know what the deal is with those little flip out windows. Most of the windows in our 2008 KSDP are fogging now and when I called RVSolutions in Oregon for a bid on replacing the fogged dual-pane windows with their "Laminated" single pane glass, they said they couldn't do those little flip out windows. They didn't tell me why.

Please keep us informed regarding what you learn and what you eventually do about this. My problem is that so far, I've only found one facility in the entire country what will warranty their work longer than 2 years for the dual pane window seals (Suncoast Designs in Florida -- they give a lifetime warranty). All the other places only warranty 1 or 2 years. RVSolutions warranties their replacement "Laminated" single pane glass for life, but the thicker single pane glass weighs more and doesn't insulate as well. And replacing most of the window glass this way is really expensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Foggy Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpop45 View Post
I’ve not had much luck with this forums search engine, so I’ll just ask:

One of the two lower vent (moveable) pieces of glass in our living room PS window has fogged up in cold weather. It’s obvious that the seal has failed. Can this be replaced and, if so, can I reasonably expect to be able to do it myself? Should I call Newmar or Hehr for the part? This is on an ‘18 DS.

I called Hehr after talking to Newmar as 3 flip up windows fogged up. They sent instructions for change out. Remove screen then remove knob from inside with philips head and then go outside and lift window just past 90 degrees while gently pulling and they come out. To install spray rubber seal with soapy water and reverse procedure. I do not open small windows anymore and see as in our LA the new ones did away with flip up windows and only left the side slide up/down windows. Going to Newmar in May so need to find out if they can just replace windows (4) with non opening.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I just noticed the flip out window in our half-bath has separated. I hope this is the only one to do that. only 7 months old.
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:06 PM   #8

Thanks, Lakebuster! Any chance of viewing the removal instructions? It appears that we will try to contact Auto Glass Boss in Mesa due to our location, and I’m thinking it might be more straightforward if I can simply take the flippin’ flipper window in to them.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #9

Just had one of my lowers done this past September in Mesa, AZ. $200.00 with a 2 year warranty on a "Re-Foggy"
Old 01-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #10

Need side window replacement on National RV SeaBreeze -- anyone know a reliable source to get repairs/window replaced near Spokane, WA or Coeur D Alene, Idaho?
PaulAndTami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My half bath window separated while I was at Newmar and they replaced it (1 year old). Just noticed the top drivers side window had moisture when I washed the coach. Might black it out sense I can't see out that window anyways.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:03 AM   #12

Both of my emergency bottom flip out windows are fogged. I have had no luck finding anyone who will repair them because of the was the hardware is attached. The replacement windows (complete) from Newmar are $800, so if anyone has a shop that has successfully repaired a flip out let me know.
wlw209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #13

American Coach Owners Club
I am currently in the process of doing a couple of flip out windows. Time consuming on the first but hopefully the others will go a bit better. It took a some time and patience to figure out how to remove the hardware but it can be done.
All the necessary supplies can be purchased online.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:56 PM   #14

FORTRIDER: we need some details, please! Pics if possible. Thanks

Tags
wind, window