Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Folding coffee table for DS

Looking for a nice wood folding coffee table for between the couch and recliners. Did an IRV2 search and only came up with a wood shop near the factory. Wondered what others are doing with that space for nibbles and drinks etc. I do want it to look nice inside my brand new home!!!

BGDDYRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a nice folding coffee table with folding legs Cherry back in 03 coach was a option from Newmar a 02 MADP had fixed legs also a option. That wood shop may make a duplicate for you in your finish.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3368371]We had a nice folding coffee table with folding legs Cherry back in 03 coach was a option from Newmar a 02 MADP had fixed legs also a option. That [B][URL="http://www.focalwood.com/
wood shop[/URL][/B] may make a duplicate for you in your finish.
We had the same one with our DS but it was a pain to store so I gave it to my daughter along with the folding chairs. Had to make room for the golf clubs and fishing gear. .
It was a beautiful piece of furniture though.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYRV View Post
Looking for a nice wood folding coffee table for between the couch and recliners. Did an IRV2 search and only came up with a wood shop near the factory. Wondered what others are doing with that space for nibbles and drinks etc. I do want it to look nice inside my brand new home!!!
Bradd and Hall website: Easy Coffee Table - RV Hardwoods
Old 12-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3368371]We had a nice folding coffee table with folding legs Cherry back in 03 coach was a option from Newmar a 02 MADP had fixed legs also a option. That [B][URL="http://www.focalwood.com/
wood shop[/URL][/B] may make a duplicate for you in your finish.
That's the table we had. We thought it was great and versatile.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #6

"Big" guys must like these tables - - BigDogSolo posted a console/coffee table he had made a couple of weeks ago.
It might be what you are looking for:
My Solution for console Table
Old 12-11-2016, 06:31 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We love our table/console made by Carlyse (Focal Wood Products). Without the optional topper ( the mug holder it may work Wellinghoff a gasser too.

2015 DSDP 4369, 2014 Grand Cherokee, SMI AF1, VMSpc. Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYRV View Post
Camping World sells one with folding legs that stores well under the bed. All wood, finished nicely. Not a piece of "fine furniture", but good size, function and looks. A little over $100 as I remember.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #9

Why store it.... just leave it in place and use it all the time.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #10

We purchased our folding coffee table thru our dealer. Came from Newmar and matches the cabinets in the coach. The legs fold up and we simple place it on the bed when we travel and leave it set up the rest of the time.
DocJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Why store it.... just leave it in place and use it all the time.
We store it because at 24" wide it does not fit in the living area floor space unless folded up. Can simply fold up the legs and lay the table on its side somewhere rather than storing it under the bed.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Focal Wood Products

We love the folding coffee table we got from Focal Wood Products. We told him we have the carmel glazed cherry cabinets and he did a good job of matching them. It's a nice size for our DS4369. Large enough to be useful but small enough to leave plenty of floor space. I don't remember the price, but it was reasonable. Here's a link to photos on his site- scroll down for the coffee table shown in a darker cheery. URL="http://focalwood.com/Tables.htm"]http://focalwood.com/Tables.htm[/URL] We got the storage bag, too, but haven't used it at all. When we pull the slides in to travel, we fold the table up and it rides on the seat of one of our recliners. We mostly use the table with only one side up. My husband sits on the sofa with his feet up and has the half-opened table next to him. Before we got it, he was putting his coffee or beer on the top of the televator cabinet and I had visions of something spilling down into that which wouldn't be good.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is what we recently went with and will use as a center table, i.e. by setting a nice serving tray on top for such use together with the other other utility gained from it (as a footrest ottoman, as additional dining table/booth seating (which btw it stores beneath the dining table when traveling), and as our pet's chair when positioned between the pilot/co-pilot chairs and in motion, along with the additional storage it has (beneath the lid) and the fact that it matches our OEM upholstered furniture.

High quality workmanship and materials, supplied by Villa International at what we felt was a very reasonable cost. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	555.4 KB
ID:	146681
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just ordered from Focal the folding coffee table with the swing legs. Carlyle had one in stock. Will let you know when it gets here!
Thanks for everyone's input

BGDDYRV is offline   Reply With Quote