RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #1

For you Mr. Newmar sir

I guess deep inside you really didnít care about the customers that build your company, since greed toke over, now you have proven that money itís more important then loyalty. If you think that money will bring you joy think again, money itís a temporary thing, just think the legacy you left, a company that we once trusted in so many different ways itís gone all for the sake of money. Hey as long you can sleep at night.... Now once proud Newmar owners will be the laughing stock in campgrounds across America.

Zzotte

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
What a [Mod Edit] post. Newmar as a family business has built a great product and a sterling reputation, but nobody can do it forever. There are many reasons why a sale would make sense. Businesses large and small are sold every day. After all they have accomplished, the owners at Newmar are entitled to transition to an easier and more secure life for their families.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I guess deep inside you really didnít care about the customers that build your company, since greed toke over, now you have proven that money itís more important then loyalty. If you think that money will bring you joy think again, money itís a temporary thing, just think the legacy you left, a company that we once trusted in so many different ways itís gone all for the sake of money. Hey as long you can sleep at night.... Now once proud Newmar owners will be the laughing stock in campgrounds across America.

Zzotte
What a strange post.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What a [Mod Edit ] post. Newmar as a family business has built a great product and a sterling reputation, but nobody can do it forever. There are many reasons why a sale would make sense. Businesses large and small are sold every day. After all they have accomplished, the owners at Newmar are entitled to transition to an easier and more secure life for their families.
Coming from an “Entegra” owner I understand how you feel, however the truth is many many ways to sale a business and selling a high quality build coach line to the worst company on the planet it’s not one of them.

Zzotte
Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What a [Mod Edit] post. Newmar as a family business has built a great product and a sterling reputation, but nobody can do it forever. There are many reasons why a sale would make sense. Businesses large and small are sold every day. After all they have accomplished, the owners at Newmar are entitled to transition to an easier and more secure life for their families.
Agree whole heartedly. My company, my money, my decision. If you want to make the decisions all you have to do is pony up several hundred million dollars and buy the company. Said Victor Kiam when he bought Remington.

Personally like Newmar just did not have the floor plan we preferred when we purchased. WGO has treated us very well and gone out of their way to have work performed in a very timely manner.

We were in Lichtsinn Motors for some service work on the coach when the tech detected an issue (a funny noise that sounded normal to me as this was my first experience with hydraulic jacks) with the leveling system. The factory rep decided that a complete replacement of the jacks was in order. WGO parts did not have them so they pulled the jacks from the production line. We were on the road the next morning. This is the kind of service that all should provide and from personal experience know that WGO did it for us.

I credit both Lichtsinn Motors and WGO with stellar service.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:

Zzotte

BUT tell us how you REALLY feel......

Old 09-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Agree whole heartedly. My company, my money, my decision. If you want to make the decisions all you have to do is pony up several hundred million dollars and buy the company. Said Victor Kiam when he bought Remington.

Personally like Newmar just did not have the floor plan we preferred when we purchased. WGO has treated us very well and gone out of their way to have work performed in a very timely manner.

We were in Lichtsinn Motors for some service work on the coach when the tech detected an issue (a funny noise that sounded normal to me as this was my first experience with hydraulic jacks) with the leveling system. The factory rep decided that a complete replacement of the jacks was in order. WGO parts did not have them so they pulled the jacks from the production line. We were on the road the next morning. This is the kind of service that all should provide and from personal experience know that WGO did it for us.

I credit both Lichtsinn Motors and WGO with stellar service.
Yeah, I don't get all the Winnebago bashing. We have an older Winnie (2005) but it was the first year Aspect intro model which typically are the worst. At 100,000 miles it has given us very few problems. Calling Winnebago "the worst company on the planet" as the OP did is a bit of a stretch. Actually, in the RV world I think that "honor" would go to Thor.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
270 million would buy me all the happiness i could imagine. So i can't blame the guy!
Old 09-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #9

Sounds like the original post came from a MSNBC viewer. Just an observation, not a political statement.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #10

I just like to investe and spend my money on family own businesses not conglomerates.

Zzotte
Old 09-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #11

Quote:

Zzotte

Hmmm....guess the family was just supposed to die on the production line, vice enjoying some retirement time, huh?

Wondering when Bob Tiffin is going to call it quits and what will happen to that company as well. Companies that are dependent on a personality or individual.....well, that person has to leave at some point.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #12

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Do amy of you know the Debt load that
Newmar carried???
They have spent a TON OF MONEY
For customers convenience and
Comfort.

Then sales fell off.

That $270. Mlion.
After taxes and debt pay off.

May surprise you as to whats left for the family???
Old 09-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #13

Quote:

Zzotte
Obviously, you have never owned a business. Eventually there comes a time when you have to retire or die so you may as well sell and enjoy some of the fruits of your labor and the many financial risks you have taken over the years to support your business.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngflyer View Post
Obviously, you have never owned a business. Eventually there comes a time when you have to retire or die so you may as well sell and enjoy some of the fruits of your labor and the many financial risks you have taken over the years to support your business.

Exactly! People seem to forget owners have lives and every business is there to make money.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
newmar