Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2018, 04:03 AM   #1

Free Fantastic Roof Vent covers

Had a broken smoke domed fantastic roof vent cover. Looked around the internet and saw prices any where from $28-$44 without shipping.Called the company because they are close to me and thought could get it shipped quicker as we were heading out on a trip. They shipped two new smoke domed covers with glides no charge, and free shipping! Don't know if that is normal company policy, just passing it along.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #2

Went to Camping World and they insisted that Fantastic Vents doesn't service / sell parts independent of the whole unit ($300). I bought a generic vent (~$35), modified it and installed it for the current trip (it was going to rain hard). Later in the trip stopped by Colaw RV and they had the FV vents in stock (~$39). So bought one and installed in their parking lot.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #3

Last year, I had a problem with my Fantastic fans and call the company for some diagnosis. The said that the units have a 7 year warranty and shipped 2 motor fan assemblies no charge. Can’t ask for more than that.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

I have went to their booth at Rallies or shows where they are exhibiting & they have given me free covers & maintenance kits- alcohol wipes & small packet of Aerospace 303.

Fantastic is a super company & stand behind their product 100%.

Why would you believe anyone at Camping World? They are a bunch of salesmen & Con artist based on my limited dealings with them!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #5

Ditto here. Had a problem with the lid motor on one of ours, called the company and they sent a new motor and actuator assembly. Great product and service!
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #6

"Why would you believe anyone at Camping World? They are a bunch of salesmen & Con artist based on my limited dealings with them!"

I didn't believe them. But needed a vent for the incoming rains. And it poured....because the AC shroud was broken too and allowing water into the air ducting, we had to grab cover under a gas station pump awning for a few hours. Bought pizza from the station to make up a bit for the time. A Jeep 20 ft away had water over it's wheels within a half hour of the deluge. It was in a low spot in the mud parking lot. CW didn't have the shroud in stock. Colaw did so I bought that there too and put on for rest of trip.

The locals said they get a "monsoon" once or twice a year. We went through three that week...

Modified the generic vent by removing the hinge and slotted lift bracket from the broken Fantastic vent and put them on the Generic with some pop rivits I had brought. Worked fine for a temp fix. Now I have a temp fix vent for the next time
Old 08-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Fantastic fan was bought by Atwood a few years ago and then recently Atwood was bought by Dometic. Back when they were independent they had a great reputation for outstanding service. I'm glad to hear they still do, even with the multiple changes in ownership!
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Fantastic fan was bought by Atwood a few years ago and then recently Atwood was bought by Dometic. Back when they were independent they had a great reputation for outstanding service. I'm glad to hear they still do, even with the multiple changes in ownership!
This is actually the first time I've heard people were pleased with Atwood's acquisition of Fantastic Vent. The original Fantastic Vents were guaranteed for life! Then when Atwood bought the company, the first thing they changed was that warrantee. But I heard they still honored the lifetime warrantee for the pre-Atwood fans.

Something else I might point out is that Fantastic Vent makes optional double-insulated vent covers. These directly replace the original single thickness covers. The idea is the same as double-pane windows. The double insulated vents have an air-space between the two layers for more insulation. In addition to better hot and cold insulation, I've noticed that my double-insulated cover doesn't mist over any more.

I highly recommend the double-insulated Fantastic Vent covers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #9

I had two fan motors go out, I called and in less than a week two motors and arms arrived at no cost.

That Fantastic Fan Company has excellent values and actually cares about it's customers.

Tags
cover, fan, roof, vent