Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #1

Fresh water tank fills on its own

I have a Phaeton 2013. I have a pressure value on the freshwater inlet and it is turn to the city inlet. However, my freshwater tank is filling up on its own. Why?
Ladied is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Suspect that the check valve in the water pump is allowing city water thru the pump back to tank. Or your fill tank valve is not fully closed.

Good Luck!
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:24 AM   #3

Had the same thing happen on our 2013 DS. While it looks like the valve is closed based on the position of the lever, it really wasn't as the cheap plastic handle rounded off on the inside. Take the handle off and turn the stem with a wrench to make sure it's closed. I contacted Newmar and they don't have those plastic handles anymore, instead , they sent a new valve with a metal handle.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:40 AM   #4

Turn off your city water for a day or two and use your pump and on board water!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:42 AM   #5

Same problem with my kountry star newmar change the valve at the Tampa RV show three years ago and still the same problem i will have tochange it again
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:19 AM   #6

on our Palazzo, with an Anderson 4-way valve, we encountered the same problem - basically a valve cartridge 'gone bad'.

I decided rather than only having the offending cartridge replaced, to also at the same time install in inline 'cut off' valve(just like ones below your sink or behind your toilet) between the incoming city water and the water tank, just in case this happened again.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #7

Have a close look at your valve that switches between city water and tank fill positions. Handle may be stripped giving impression valve is in " city water " position when it actually is in " tank fill " or somewhere in between. Easy to break these handles.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water