Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #43

I ordered and received in only 4 work days a GE Advantia replacement for our Frigidaire unit. I bought it from Home Depot online. It installed easily in my 2014 Ventana. I did reinforce the upper wood with a larger and stronger hardwood piece as I didn't like the smaller wood that the screws holding the old unit went through. I also needed the bigger wood as the mounting holse for the new unit were further back and thus not where the old wood was. The wife likes this new unit much better. It cooks more evenly. I paid less than $1200 including tax and a 5 year warranty and free delivery. The model I bought is Model# PSA9120SFSS

TED
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Well I jump the hoop of having the touch pad replaced and of course it did not effect the cooking one bit. I had to go two notches of the chain of command to get what I wanted. I have to return June 23rd to get my ge upgrade for 690.00 plus tax. That is a lot better than the 1980.00 they gave me at first
if it doesn't cook properly, have them replace it as a warranty issue. I went thru 3 of them and they finally put in a GE at no cost to me. I just can see them getting away with charging to replace a defective, under warranty unit.
That's the way I work anyway.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #45

Newmar says my microwave is not on the recall list after they sent a letter stating it was on the recall. After many calls I found out that the first letter C indicates canada and not like the A made in USA. Also from 2 different sources confirmed that my microwave is not on the recall. I have good full replacement insurance and have the power to the microwave and the coach plugged in to 50 amp service. I hope all thes people are right and my microwave does not need the key pad. Also Newmar offered $299.00 for rebate after the microwave is replaced and the old unit returned to Newmar.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
After wintering in Florida and returning to Indiana this spring I replaced our Frigidaire with a GE convection microwave. We took a short trip from our home in Indiana up to the UP of Michigan the last couple of weeks and had the first real opportunity to use our new oven. What a complete difference this new GE oven is over the piece of junk we removed. We were baking and broiling and the thing worked great.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #47

Glad its all better.

Its kind of a shame that we spend this much money on an RV, then get excited when something works (like it should).
Old 08-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
Right you are PDR John!!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #49

Good News. There is hope for the frigidaire microwave after all. After back and forth with Newmar and testing the convection cooking temperature the issue has been settled. I had a service tech come to my house (RV Location) and test the temp for convection heating and confirmed the problem is the microwave not heating properly. He ordered the 'frame' which is the term for the key pad assembly. The same key pad that is on recall. Once the tech replaced the 'frame, key pad' the microwave worked better and heated to an acceptable temperature based on my inaccurate thermometer. This also solved the problem of RECALL and keeping the microwave unpluged. I now can leave it plugged in to the electric and I think the convection will cook correctly at temperature.
I know many have replaced the microwave but so far the warranty has fixed the problem with 0 out of pocket to me.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #50
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
johnsadventure......not to burst your bubble, but there were other issues too....take a look at the Frigidaire after cooking something like vegetables that produce a lot of steam. The steam gets trapped in the door glass and stays there for hours. This was one of the complaints we had.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #51

Dutch Star Don,
I will check this out when we use the VR this winter. Also I plan to cook a lot with the convection oven. We will know more later. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #52

My last followup on the microwave.
4 months cooking in the rv over the winter using the microwave and convection oven with NO COMPLAINTS. The repair worked and I am satisfied with the way it cooked.
We baked with convection and the temperature was hot enough to do a good job. I have no way to get the exact temperature but the food was good and the time was as programed the first time. No additional time was required.
Happy Camper here and safe travels to all.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #53

Glad the fix worked.