Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #1

Hi! When we got home from Florida 2 weeks ago I washed our coach. I power washed it as usual and also reached up as much as possible underneath (the power washer is an electric with a low setting). The next day the front of the coach was down all the way. The rear was up. I started the coach, (cold weather) and the front came back up. It has remained back up for at least a week. I went in it this AM to get something out of it. Came home a little while later and the front is down again. Temps are in the 50's today. Any ideas why the front is taking a flop?? Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #2

Hi! When we got home from Florida 2 weeks ago I washed our coach. I power washed it as usual and also reached up as much as possible underneath (the power washer is an electric with a low setting). The next day the front of the coach was down all the way. The rear was up. I started the coach, (cold weather) and the front came back up. It has remained back up for at least a week. I went in it this AM to get something out of it. Came home a little while later and the front is down again. Temps are in the 50's today. Any ideas why the front is taking a flop?? Paul
Old 03-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #3

Well Scott, seeing not many responses yet, I'll take a shot. If it takes a week or so in cold weather, it's probably what I would consider normal. The front seemingly always is the one to drop first, even on single rear axle models. As far as the one day drop after you washed it, that could have been anything from moisture frozen in the ride height valves to leakage at the air bag.
I wouldn't worry about it, cold weather reacts strangely on air suspended vehicles.

Peter
Old 03-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Not an answer to your question but do not use a pressure washer on your motorhome. I forced water between the panes of one of my double pane windows with a pressure washer.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #5

Paul, I have no idea but could your coach be bowing to you. After all, you are the man.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #6

Oh, oh! My post should have read, Holly Scott. Hi Paul. Typing and cocktails don't mix.
Lane may have a point, is it bowing or is it sticking its rear up.

Peter
Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Peter,
I think it is called "mooning".
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
cmc

Hi paul got home from fla on tues went to building to check on coach and front end was clear down rear was ok called dealer he told me that was normal dutch star never did that if you hear diffrent let me know
charlie
cmc is offline   Reply With Quote