Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
There is a air bag level control valve on each front bag and a common dump valve for both bags. I would have to think the dump valve is not closing for both sides not to air up?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
There is a air bag level control valve on each front bag and a common dump valve for both bags. I would have to think the dump valve is not closing for both sides not to air up?

That makes sense
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Buly,
Just thinking out loud... Does your coach have the Hadley Air System? If you do, you might try a system reset before anything else... If not, pretend I didn't post...
Old 01-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #18

Nobody has asked, but are you hitting the auto store button on the HWH control panel before or after the air compressor has popped off?
Old 01-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Nobody has asked, but are you hitting the auto store button on the HWH control panel before or after the air compressor has popped off?

I hit auto store button before starting the engine. My jacks are hydraulic.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
I hit auto store button before starting the engine. My jacks are hydraulic.
Since you are on this quite aggressively, might I suggest you do a complete cycle of your jacks. That is auto level extend the jacks, start the engine, let the air compressor pop off, check the height of the coach from the tires to fender well or look at the air bags to ascertain their status, then do an auto store while engine running. BTW, take notice of the status lights on the HWH panel at each step and the air pressure gauge reading and let us know.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Since you are on this quite aggressively, might I suggest you do a complete cycle of your jacks. That is auto level extend the jacks, start the engine, let the air compressor pop off, check the height of the coach from the tires to fender well or look at the air bags to ascertain their status, then do an auto store while engine running. BTW, take notice of the status lights on the HWH panel at each step and the air pressure gauge reading and let us know.

Thanks Wayne. I will try it tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Wayne, you get the trophy.
This morning, armed with a print out of your instructions, I was able to revive my air bags, just on time for tomorrow's trip to Independence RV Orlando.
Thanks again to Wayne and all the people trying to help. Great group.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #23

Smile

Quote:
This morning, armed with a print out of your instructions, I was able to revive my air bags, just on time for tomorrow's trip to Independence RV Orlando.
Good to hear you are back in business and the real trophy goes out to you for sticking with all the troubleshooting and fixing your own problem.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:55 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Just wondering, is the method Wayne suggested to try the proper method when getting ready to leave? or is there some thing still wrong? Should you not be able to take the Coach off it jack's then start and it should air up properly?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Just wondering, is the method Wayne suggested to try the proper method when getting ready to leave? or is there some thing still wrong? Should you not be able to take the Coach off it jack's then start and it should air up properly?

I’m sure, that morning it was cold and rainy on departure, so I was in the hurry to go. Must’ve interrupted the sequence of the jacks retraction.
Had no idea jacks and airbags would be interconnected?
I’m still a rookie in this
Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Yes, you can come down off jacks and then air up but the HWH panel needs the ignition switch on to operate. I found out with my previous coach that when you interrupt the HWH cycle by starting the coach in mid cycle, it makes the HWH computer system lose its mind and "runs home to mama". In your scenario, you probably would have to push the auto store button again to get the dump valves to recycle. I had some issues with the HWH system on previous coach and I worked with HWH extensively to get it corrected. The system is fairly simple in components but complicated in operation.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you both for your reply's .......safe travels to all ! Keep warm !!!!

Tags
air