Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #1

Hi there! It's been a while since we've posted. Most of our problems with our new (to us) motorhome have been resolved, but a new one cropped up recently and I thought the guys at the "Newmar Owner's Forum" might be able to help us figure it out.

All of a sudden the "Pos-A-Loc" feature on the front door is catching and preventing us from closing the door. If we only open the door partially, and then close it...it's okay. But if the door opens all the way, it locks up. It has been an ordeal to get it to close once this happens. (I'm afraid John is going to break it in the process.)

John is fairly handy, and is usually able to solve these problems. He says that previously he became aware that the "Pos-A-Loc" feature did not work at all. It was not a big issue, but the door did not remain in the open position as it should have. So now, the opposite is happening. It goes into the open mode and won't come out regardless of lifting either of the door handles.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what we can do to fix it? An RV repair guy who happened to be in the park recently took a look and his advice was that it would have to go back to the manufacturer. I find this hard to believe!

I would like to hear from some Newmar folks about this. Ginger

Newbie Fulltimers
River Rovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #2

Hi there! It's been a while since we've posted. Most of our problems with our new (to us) motorhome have been resolved, but a new one cropped up recently and I thought the guys at the "Newmar Owner's Forum" might be able to help us figure it out.

All of a sudden the "Pos-A-Loc" feature on the front door is catching and preventing us from closing the door. If we only open the door partially, and then close it...it's okay. But if the door opens all the way, it locks up. It has been an ordeal to get it to close once this happens. (I'm afraid John is going to break it in the process.)

John is fairly handy, and is usually able to solve these problems. He says that previously he became aware that the "Pos-A-Loc" feature did not work at all. It was not a big issue, but the door did not remain in the open position as it should have. So now, the opposite is happening. It goes into the open mode and won't come out regardless of lifting either of the door handles.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what we can do to fix it? An RV repair guy who happened to be in the park recently took a look and his advice was that it would have to go back to the manufacturer. I find this hard to believe!

I would like to hear from some Newmar folks about this. Ginger

Newbie Fulltimers
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ginger,
This is a shot in the dark, but it's cheap and easy to do.

1. The male latch pin the door lock closes on should be able to move around in its' elongated slot. Grab hold of it and see if you can move the pin up/down or left/right (looking at the pin). If it is hard to move or does not move, I use a spray can of liquid wrench or similar product to loosen it up.

2. Good lubrication of the door lock is essential for continued operation. Using a spray can lubricant of your choice, spray the lubricant around the pivot points of the latch parts.

These fixes have worked for me, in the past, maybe they will work for you.

Good luck and please post your results.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi there its good to hear from you.
Here is a LINK to what others have tried take your pick.
Come back soon no need to be a stranger.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #5

Gary, I think that worked! I told John... he did it... and the door hasn't got stuck at all today. THANKS!!!!

Newbie Fulltimers