Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Front end banging noise

I have a 2010 Ventana 3933 on a Spartan Chassis. I get a loud bang noise when I pull out onto a street with a crown in the road and the chassis twists. It happens when the front right wheel goes down in the low part of the road and the drivers wheel goes up. It is NOT independent suspension, it is "I" Beam, so when this happens there is major chassis twist. I've have the front end steering and suspension components checked at the dealer and all is OK according to them. When it makes the noise I can feel it in the steering wheel, but steering box is mounted to directly to chassis. I suspect a broken weld or loose bolts in cross members. Has anyone else had this problem? I called Spartan, they state they don't have a history of this. I've crawled around under MH with a flashlight looking for broken welds and did check some bolts that I was able to get a wrench on. Its pretty tight quarters under there. I did get movement on some bolts. Has anyone experienced this?
bpye911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I doubt it's the same, but I had a similar issue when new. As I would traverse a driveway I got a bang in my IFS. I was under there looking and saw that my steering box was loose. Of the 5 bolts, two were a 1/2" loose, two were finger tight and one was snug. Mine came that way from the factory.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

I have a 2009 Ventana. Mine was doing the same thing. I had the brakes adjusted and it hasn't done it since. When it would clunk I noticed that it only did it when I had my foot on the brake.

Tags
noise