Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
rjw

have a 2002 dutch star ,the front slide is uneven on one side,how do i adjust it.
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
rjw

have a 2002 dutch star ,the front slide is uneven on one side,how do i adjust it.
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #3

rjw, this might not be the anwser you want to hear but if it was up to me I'd get the slide adjusted at a reputable service center and not try to do it on my own. Ed.S
Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
rjw, welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
Take a look under slide when it closed. You will have four rollers under front edge of slide one of them may have lost a roller nut on a bracket thats causing the slide to track the slide uneven when closing or a roller is cracked and needs to be replaced. You can order a roller and replace it you need slim hands while laying on floor.
Let us know what you find, enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 AM   #5

Have had trouble with my two front slides on my 2006 KS DP since I purchased the unit. They have ajusted the curve side slide 4 times and the street side 5 times. The adjustments are good for about 4 months. They have adjusted them twice since I have been out of warrenty but told me this was the last time. The last time they had to replace 3 of the rollers and reposition all four of the metal plates as they were never alined with the rollers at the factory. Only made 700 miles bfore the the street side slide was rubbing on the pocket at the front and the slide locks were over working when closing the slide. Found the lock nuts on the front adjustment bolts loose and the adjustment screw backed off. Adjusted the slide myself this time, in a parking lot, and it fits better than it ever has. I now know that my 100 piece tool kit is not enough. Will be adding larger tools on my next trip if I am going to be a roadside mechanic.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
adventurers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #6

Is this in the open or closed position and is it a drop slide? There are different adjustments for each. But each adjustment changes the other adjustment. As you adjust them will have to run the slide in and out to see what affects your adjustment has made. As for the rollers the best way to check them is to take the slide part way out then look at them from the outside of the coach, you will have to use a flashlight and put your head up against the bottom of the slide and move the seal out of the way with your hand to see them. The rollers should be smooth and alinged with the steel pads. If they need to be replace let someone esle do it, its a small space and takes special tools to replace the plates and a jack to replace the roolers.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
adventurers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome adventurers to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Thanks for your input to the forum and sorry for the belated welcome.
Enjoy the forum and do post often.
If your in need of some "KARMA" say the word and will take care of it for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote